Bike bug trike

try 1897

Local time
8:38 AM
So I made it to my new home in Crisfield md. The trike runs the flat roads of the bayshore really nice. The only problem is the engine , qbn 23 bug , Boggs out past half throtle. ??? Starts and runs great till half then out...??

Ok I'm running fine to half way then it four strokes and will stall if given. More gas. The plug looks lite tan whats with that. ?

From the plug color maybe fatten up the jet?
How does it four stroke and have the plug at light tan? That would confuse me , i'm already confused :D

if it won't take more throttle, it's too rich or not enough spark. play with it down a main jet size or 2, unrestrict intake/air filter if possible, and is the plug right now a wet or dry looking tan? go WOT and shut it down, stop, pull the plug and look

Got it . I'll let you know. this is a 1969/70 23c.f. Bike bug with points and condencer that makes spark that seems weak to me now that you mention it. I been hoping not to have to go there. I am experienced in points being an old dude but I have R A and my hands don't work as well as they used to. Thanks for the help. You back home Curt? Tom

Drove it up to half then past to a stall pulled plug and it was wet and has def gotten darker.

No in Ca. Be heading north next week. Maybe you could ask around and find someone that can do or help with the points. Good luck.........Curt

No in Ca. Be heading north next week. Maybe you could ask around and find someone that can do or help with the points. Good luck.........Curt
thanks Curt . I just did move here and don't know many people yet put there are lots of two stroke people around so it probably won't be long. Tom

Back