Bike builder in So. Cal

Chuck L

Local time
4:54 AM
Hi just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Chuck I have been building motorized bikes for 4 years. Started off as a Spitfire distributor but then they closed their doors and left us for dead.I still get kits from around the country and build what I think is a respectable product. All my frames have welded engine mount along with welded tank mounts using vibration isolators to mount the tanks. Have also rebuilt a dozen or so engines and experimenting with porting and polishing have found these engines can really come alive.I am having alot of fun and look forward to hearing form others.:D

Biker in the Valley

I ran into a Dept of Water and Power guy in Burbank a few weeks ago who builds choppers and cruiser bikes with motor kits. It's good to see if others are here in LA that are building these kits.
What are your thoughts on adding a powerband?
Is it doable?

I never herd of adding a powerband, but I know you can help the engine up through the powerband by porting the engine.The powerband is where the engine develops most of its power and anything you can do internally like smoothing out the rough casting matching the exhaust and intake ports will help the engine develop more power and run smother.

Hi Chuck. Welcome to MBc!

If you search and are unable to find your answers, don't hesitate to post your question. Someone will steer you to a link, or reply to your question. Were here for each other! Enjoy! :D

Sorry for the delay, I live in the city of Orange. Its nice to see there are other riders nearby. maybe in the future we can join together for a ride.

Chuck where can we see some of your projects? I'm really interested in improving vibration isolation on my MB through refined mounting techniques. I am also designing a frame I want to build soon with integrated mounts for the 2 stroke Chinese motor kits..

Back