Engine Trouble bike doesnt start well

G

gregmilo

I built a new bike about a week ago and have used it 5 times. each time it takes 5-10 attempts to get going. The first few times no matter how fast I pedal, the engine slowly dies down and stops. I've tried priming it but still takes many attempts. Could it be a problem with bad 2-stroke oil mixture or is it a problem with the motor build?

I built a new bike about a week ago and have used it 5 times. each time it takes 5-10 attempts to get going. The first few times no matter how fast I pedal, the engine slowly dies down and stops. I've tried priming it but still takes many attempts. Could it be a problem with bad 2-stroke oil mixture or is it a problem with the motor build?
I had the same problem. I have a thread ( can I put an after market carb on an engine during break in period?)

after reading advise people posted I drained my gas tank got new gas. I went 1 gallon of gas and 3 1/2 ounces of 2 stroke oil. works great so far.

with a cold motor, when it first tries to start do not stop pedaling until it begins to pull on its own

Yeah I have the same problem, and everybody who worked on my bike still couldn't solve the problem! I'm thinking of upgrading to all high performance parts, and using synthetic 2 stroke oil. What I need is when I let out the clutch 1,2,3, fire. I don't even get a pop most the time! It's getting very frustrating.

Yeah I have the same problem, and everybody who worked on my bike still couldn't solve the problem! I'm thinking of upgrading to all high performance parts, and using synthetic 2 stroke oil. What I need is when I let out the clutch 1,2,3, fire. I don't even get a pop most the time! It's getting very frustrating.
I been talking on a thread I have going about my bike dying when idleing. I fixed the problem after many posted about jets. changing jet size helps alot.

Back