Bike fell while on its kickstand, damaged the HuaSheng pull start mechanism

MadCat

Local time
5:55 AM
I left my bike idling while I locked my shop and the bike fell on its side. The little HuaSheng kept running but started spitting out pieces of whit plastic. It then started making a noise, like something was touching the flywheel. The engine still starts but you can clearly see bits of the white plastic hub is missing. Can I buy just that Bart or do I need to buy the whole pull start mechanism?

You'll have to buy the whole pull start mechanism. For a while i just carried the starter rope with me and wound it around the pawl on the flywheel that the pull starter grabbed onto.

You probably shredded the plastic cooling fins of the flywheel. Should be able to find it online as well as the starter mech.
The flywheel and its fins are aluminum. The only part in there with white plastic is the pull start wheel thingy that the rope winds around and has the 2 rods that run up ramps to grab the pawls on the flywheel.

Check out Boygofasts store on ebay or thatsdax.com. I've replaced 2 of those pullstarts from the same s**t happening. Pisses you off for a few hours.

Back