Bike having some problems.

Noticed that my spark is really weak at low rpm but kinda picks up once the bike starts to go quick. This might be my problem. The cdi I have I thought that it was really good and gave off solid spark? I have the bbr tuning stage 2 cdi.
Have you tried to take the coil out and clean the mating surfaces, the back of the coil and the case?

Oh, you're absolutely right, but rolling a bike or turning the wheel and watching for spark is a hard task. That's why I have a rear wheel stand, so I can spin it with a little velocity.
BTW I've had a couple of coils quit on me but never a CDI.
I've had 1 coil go out on a car and it was hard to diagnose because it only shorted out while hot. You were out on the road when it happened. After 30 min it would start and run fine. Finally, someone mentioned to me just change it out and problem fixed. Wasn't crazy expensive so just did it.

Have you tried to take the coil out and clean the mating surfaces, the back of the coil and the case?
So update, the bike runs finally! But there’s still one problem. When I try to stop the bike via brake the engine slows down as well. Which makes sense, but how would I eliminate this? I tried pulling in the clutch like on a normal brick but it over revs. Any solutions?

So update, the bike runs finally! But there’s still one problem. When I try to stop the bike via brake the engine slows down as well. Which makes sense, but how would I eliminate this? I tried pulling in the clutch like on a normal brick but it over revs. Any solutions?
Also it gets really hot pretty quick too.

You have an air leak at the intake somewhere. Get a spray bottle with some water in it, start your engine and let it idle. When it revs high, spray all the intake connections between carb and engine with the water, if the engine stalls out, that's your leak.

So another update. The bike is not gonna be done now. The back rim is apparently bent due to my chain continuously falling off and getting locked up in the rim.

Oh, you're absolutely right, but rolling a bike or turning the wheel and watching for spark is a hard task. That's why I have a rear wheel stand, so I can spin it with a little velocity.
BTW I've had a couple of coils quit on me but never a CDI.
My kit came with a bum cdi

So I know it’s been a while since I’ve gave an update so I just wanted to give one real quick. So I think I fixed the piston issue, I did add the two bottom gaskets for spacing and originally 1 copper head gasket, but as I cycled it over, I heard the piston tapping the head slightly, so I add one more. As of right now I have not ran it yet, it might be hard for me to do so because it just snowed. Not too sure how hard it going to be to start and I’m not too sure how the compression is going to effect that since it is slightly higher than before.
So thank you to anyone who has replied to the forum and I’ll keep everyone up to date on what’s going on. Also again sorry for not replying sports and finals-prep have been beating me up the past couple of weeks. 😅

Also another question. Is there an adapter than is able to use fatty pipes on the 80ccs? My old pipe doesn’t fit because the head is too big. Right now I’m using another one, but I’d like to use something off of a small displacement dirt bike.

Back