Bike having some problems.

Update: so I finally put everything back together and tried to get it to run. And just my luck it didn’t start. Not too sure if it’s a fueling issue or what, but what I did notice is that my compression definitely dropped. Like it to the point where I can spin it over by wheel to get it going.

Then I would say you have a compression leak then...When you put everything back together, something must not be tightened properly to allow this to happen...No compression, No start.,
Ok so I went to go check the compression again and for some reason it has returned back to normal?

ok so I tried to start it and it was almost there. Initially it wasn’t starting but I held the throttle wide open and it was turning over, but as soon as I let go of it, it cuts out. Engine did that in 20 degree weather so eh that’s not bad. I’m going to wait a little longer for the cops to leave this parking lot I live by so I can have more built up speed to start it. Also I have a cdh sprocket hub, the silver one, but it keeps coming loose, but it’s not like super loose where it will kill me, but it will sway out when I turn the wheel backwards. Anyone had something similar happen to them before?

ok so I tried to start it and it was almost there. Initially it wasn’t starting but I held the throttle wide open and it was turning over, but as soon as I let go of it, it cuts out. Engine did that in 20 degree weather so eh that’s not bad. I’m going to wait a little longer for the cops to leave this parking lot I live by so I can have more built up speed to start it. Also I have a cdh sprocket hub, the silver one, but it keeps coming loose, but it’s not like super loose where it will kill me, but it will sway out when I turn the wheel backwards. Anyone had something similar happen to them before?
If you can get it to fire some on WOT, then drop the needle clip down one notch and try again. Also, check the idle screw.

If you can get it to fire some on WOT, then drop the needle clip down one notch and try again. Also, check the idle screw.
Also forgot to mention. When I do fire it on WOT and keep it there, it cuts out like 10 seconds later. But it sounds like it has good compression and I checked spark and it seemed to be fine. I’ll give that a shot as well.

Also the bike is running really rich. Bike had no power at WOT and I can see the fuel dripping out of the pipe. And the I tried the needle thing and it doesn’t seem like it wants to sit still.

Edit: it seems like no matter what I do to this carb it seems to just not want to idle. I’ll turn the fuel screw all the way and in and it still acts the same way, but outwards seems to make it cycle better, but it still won’t idle. Also even at WOT I can only get up to 15 mph when it should be atleast hitting 35 mph. Am I missing something? This bike is proving to be way more of a problem then it should be.

Edit 2: so I think I have found a video that might be the answer to my problems. LA hover bikes has the same setup as me pretty much minus the cylinder. And he said in his video that his engine was running way too rich as well and he had to change the jets in order to fix that problem. So I think I’m going to order a set of jets and try and use the jet setup he has currently.

Update: so I swapped the jets and it’s definitely running better than before. Only problem is that it’s still not idling! Also, when I start getting up to speed, it dies down when I go WOT but if I slowly go into it, it runs fine.

Back