Bike is regestered in Florida!

Mojoruss hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned....we seem to share the same philosophy. I'm glad it works for you Kawasaki999 and you are happy, but I try to keep the government OUT of my life as much as possible. I like motored bikes for their simplicity, sustainability, and freedom from the government charging me for one more thing they have nothing to do with, or worse, regulate it to the point where it is no longer affordable or practical. Flying under the radar works just fine for me....a whole lot simpler and cheaper too lol.

I'm all in favor of individual freedom of expression and congratulate you on finding a solution you are happy with. That said, I am all about less government, less red tape,expense,needless intervention into personal affairs, etc,etc... If registration works for you, I'm glad for you... I myself would rather walk than pay a dime in fees, be subjected to "the mans' whims". For me, the whole point of MTB is getting out from under the thumb and rule of big daddy government.........

Kaw9 - hey - it seems to be legal now - and that's great - and you talked with the pooolice - trying to get it right with them - job well done - got my Ca motorized bicycle license plate - one time cost 18.00 - understood was not available for you - so you did what you thought you needed to do --- feels good to be LEGAL - doesn't it ?? Congrats from - Mountainman

Well I have 4 bikes , so I still fly under the wire with 2 of them, It depends on what town I will pass through.

Attachments

• !cid_media1.jpg
    !cid_media1.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 221
  • 08-06-08_1651.jpg
    08-06-08_1651.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 215
Registered my ride too

Just registered my ride yesterday, cost $34. I was told by a cop who lives on my street that although no one (other cops) should bother you, it's illegal to operate a motorized vehicle on the road without it being registered. I emailed the dmv (florida) for clarification. I printed out their answer and brought it with me to the dmv, I was in and out in no time with the plate.

Attachments

• Bike_1.jpg
    Bike_1.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 306
according to the florida law there is absolutely no reason you need to register a motor assisted bicycle under 50cc with a single speed transmission. I guess the plate is cool, but i can think of better ways to spend $35 than handing it over to to govt. unnecessarily, I already do that with most of the taxes I pay.

It's 2.4 hp, the way the law was explained to me, you are not allowed to drive any motorized vehicle on the roadway without the vehicle being registered. If you don't drive it on the road, then you can do whatever you want with it. Like I said though, I don't think I would ever get bothered, but for $35 bucks, who cares, the plate is a great conversation piece everywhere I go.

I wonder how much it is where I live...You paid $35, but I have also heard someone in FL paid $75.

I am the one that paid 75.00 and my tag is good till 7/2010. When I brought my documentation the gebe kit said it cost 350.00 so they taxed me on that also. Renewal for the tag will be 18.35.

Back