Bike isn't running properly

Zac

So on Wednesday, I did a top speed run on my bike. I was riding it around before, and there seemed to be no problems. I then went WOT and at top speed, the bike just shut off. I Have a pull start on it, and the string was loose, no recoil.

When I got my bike home and took off the pull start, it was mostly ok other than some e clips breaking that held in some knobs for the pull start. Didn't seem like too big of a problem.

I replaced the eclips and started it up, and it took a couple extra pulls to start, but it idled way lower. It revved up just fine though. I went onto the road to drive it, but it was really slow. No power at all, topped out at like 10mph on a flat. Because the pull start mounts over the magneto, I feel that there's a possibility that something went wrong around that area, maybe with the CDI or magneto or the magnet itself, but I honestly don't know what exactly went wrong.

There are no air leaks, it has compression and gaskets are good. Any help or suggestions? I have an nhk br6hs, and just the standard Chinese cdi and magneto that comes with most engine kits.

Zac

I recovered1 eclip, the other idk. I thought it got shredded up by the magneto because when I took the cover off, there were metal shavings

Zac

IG it doesn't hurt to double check. Would it have gotten behind the magneto? I did a check with a flashlight and didn't see anything

Wrench

I recovered1 eclip, the other idk. I thought it got shredded up by the magneto because when I took the cover off, there were metal shavings
I think that's a clue. Better clean it up and check it good

DieselTech

IG it doesn't hurt to double check. Would it have gotten behind the magneto? I did a check with a flashlight and didn't see anything
I bet it's trying to shear the key off in the magnet. Therefore your timing might be off now.

Zac

I just watched a video on it, and t explains that same thing. This sucks

DieselTech

I bet it's trying to shear the key off in the magnet. Therefore your timing might be off now.
That's the only bad thing I see with a pull start on 2stroke, it mounts over the magneto rotor & could cause timing issues if it trys to shear magneto rotor key that's in the crankshaft snout.