Bike isn't running properly

Yeah my magneto wiggles on the crankshaft. I either need a new crankshaft or a new engine :(
Did it break the crankshaft or did the nut that holds the magnet rotor come loose causing it to shear the key off.

I think it carved out the magnet and the key giving it room to play
Take the magneto rotor nut off & check your key, make sure to mark your magneto rotor the way it face looking at you. Put a red or black dot or line on it for reference. Then remove magneto rotor to check the keyway in the crankshaft. If it's ok, reassemble & tighten nut.

RIP my engine, my crankshaft is screwed. This engine has been nothing but problems, I guess its kinda my fault for buying a cheap engine on amazon. I think imma get a new engine from a legit brand. I'm not putting any more money into this bike then I already have fixing all of it's problems.

RIP my engine, my crankshaft is screwed. This engine has been nothing but problems, I guess its kinda my fault for buying a cheap engine on amazon. I think imma get a new engine from a legit brand. I'm not putting any more money into this bike then I already have fixing all of it's problems.
You take a star washer, bend a tab in, and slide it in the magneto keyway, then a flat fender washer on top, followed by the nut. Use something to keep it all from moving while tightening down. I use that set up on a rocket fuel mix powered bike, has yet to move any. No moon key in the magneto, just a bent tab star washer and fender washer, holding it all down.

Use a marker to mark where it all is, so you can see if it moves any when tightening down.

Having some rope stuffed in the cylinder down the spark plug hole helps to keep the engine from rotating while tightening.

Back