Bike just cut out, spark plug problem

D

davidsis

My bike just completely cut out. Like someone fliped a switch to the off postition. It started back up but it never ran right it would not reve like it had no power. Everything is wired up and kill switch is working properly and everything. Just barely starts up and takes forever to get it running. This is probably an electrical thing.

davidsis...
I moved this post from the bicycle forum
please post in appropriate forum in future
(this is obviously not bike, but engine problem)

It was my magnito all along, It never did run right because of a bad magnito!!!!!!!!! This is my second one with not really having any miles on the bike.

Well, where does it go then?

obviously, it should have been posted here, not in the bicycle problem forum
is that so hard to understand, or do I have to be more specific ?

bike probs go in bike forum
engine probs go in the proper engine forum (frame or rack)

you have been a member even longer than me, so you should be able to post in proper place by now
is there anything else you need me to do for you?

Is moisture getting into the magnito through the lower engine casing(where the electrical wires enter).....is the gasket sealing properly.
It's unusual for 2 mags to fail in quick succession......who knows though,perhaps there was a bad batch of mags.

Remove that kill switch ENTIRELY. My magneto failed 10 minutes after installing my kill switch when my bike had about 300 miles on it for I thought maybe I like an idle that I can shut off.
Never again.
My bike is set to shut off when my throttle is all the way down.
It's perfect for me. I look way cooler when I stop and dismount. I can get my motor to stop at a perfect moment. Not stand there holding down the switch and waiting.
I can also get it to stop when I'm coming down a hill.
And best of all,it's been about 600 miles since my magneto has failed me again.
I do keep a new one in my tool pouch just in case.
But I never liked the idea that your essentially shorting out your magneto every time your pushing that button. I mean that's a pretty obvious strain on that part in my eyes.
Even in lawnmowers when you shut her down you either just throttle down the lever or release that bar that physically applies brakes to your rotating engine.
On cars,it's disconnecting the circuit. Not shorting the circuit.
Maybe if you do away with that whiite wire entirely and get a switch on the blue wire. Then when you turn it off,your just disconnecting the curcit. Not shorting it. I dunno. Maybe that's a better deal if you really like the kill switch idea. I guess it's really a safety thing.
But that magneto is pretty small to be doing what it needs to be doing. I would do whatever it takes to keep that thing from straining.
No kill switch for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of a kill switch on the blue wire instead of shorting-out the magneto every time.If u get a simple on/of toggle switch and conceal it it can also act as an anti theft device......thanks Large.

That would be entirely easy to do actually. Cover up the wires and have the switch right there. Get a small one that's hidden in the wire cover (that's rated for the right amps whatever that may be) and you can still work the little toggle and only you know which position is the right one.Or even get two or three switches in line and only you know the right order the switches go.
But of course you may forget that order and that would be fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is moisture getting into the magnito through the lower engine casing(where the electrical wires enter).....is the gasket sealing properly.
Maybe Im lucky but my bike is left to sit in the rain/weather for months with no issues yet.

Back