bike lights

I used a brake light like that when I was living in toronto (big city, CRAZY drivers !)
that spring looking thing is the switch, brake cable goes thru it, the screw on side tightens it to cable,
pulling brake closes switch (against frame where cable is bare before brake assembly), turning light on...
releasing the brake opens switch, turning light off
switch was more rugged than light LOL, but it's sitting in my cousins shed in Niagara Falls, in a big box with all my mtn bike parts :(

Nice, I am thinking the moped brake handels that have the microswitch in them might work with a regular LED, Just rig that above my tail light. If that doesnt work maybe a simple on of switch while breaking when the man is behind me. thanks for the ideas, what a headache

signals & a brakelight are a part of the final design in my universal 12v system, i'm hoping to come up with a parts list & plan that anyone here can find and slap together.

yaknow, Stryker...whatever you come up with will demonstrate a desire and serious effort to "get along"...it should keep the extra heat off ya and maybe spread a lil goodwill on the road, too :cool:

I found this little tail light combo, it signals left and right with a steady tail light plus a break light. Its a little on the cheese side but it will keep those who have to have them, out of trouble. As a bonus it comes with the most annoying horn made with several different sounds. The solid part of this $20 system is that the break light works through a pressure switch that just links into brake cable by the caliper. To me the switch alone is worth the price even if the Lights cant handle the vibration, I will snip the switch and use it on a better system. Here is the link http://www.bikeworldusa.com/product_info.php/cPath/25_51/products_id/990

hi stryker,

still getting my bike up and running, have the turn signals sorted out but using cheap led sets from hongkong for brake lights, have you found anything better. I have been riding mostly early morning on my days off so not drawing too much attention to myself yet,

took the bike up to mount chareston last weekend (in the back of the pick up)had a blast and so pretty funny looks, will probably try and ride the red rock canyon loop one of these days before it gets too hot....

Back