Bike not running.

If I go with m8 studs then I'll be purchasing metric bits and taps to fit the m6 holes. Might as well go standard stud size. Just drill and tap for all-thread of the same size or go back with original head so no drilling and tapping. No studs will work without drilling and tapping on this.

So I was able to remove the head and found the problem. A big hole in the piston which I’m thinking was caused by the new spark plug. So new cylinder head and piston. Any suggestions how I would go about this? I know I gotta clean the crankcase for any metal that fell down.

I have the same motor what kind of piston is this?? A or B??

Ok so I took apart cleaned and reassembled the crankcase do I have to use any sort of lubrication before I assemble the cylinder? Also any lubrication for the cylinder before I put the cover?

Lightly oil the rings before sliding the cylinder on, be sure the ring ends are at the pins on the groves and not on top of them. The pins are on each side of the intake port.

I check the head for flatness before I use it, I tape sandpaper to a true flat surface and sand the head slightly in a circular motion, if it shows no low spot I install it, or I sand it till it is flat.

Torque the head nut to 8-10 foot pounds, don’t just use a ratchet, over tightening or uneven tightening will warp the head and cause a leak.

Ok I did that oiled it and sanded it. It had no low spots but when I hooked everything else up and tightened the chain the clutch is not engaging. I can pedal with no resistance with the clutch engages or not. Could this be something loose or the clutch isn’t properly adjusted?

Back