Bike not starting, Need help

Jonathan

Local time
2:11 AM
I set up my 2 strokes motorized bike, but I'm having a problem in starting it. The spark plug is giving out sparks, but when I ease off the clutch it hard to peddle. I don't know if its compression, but when I pull out the spark plug and peddle, it makes sounds like its going to start but with the spark plug inside its harder to peddle and does not start. Any suggestions?

It sounds as though you're not using the right starting procedure.

You do not want to pedal slowly and ease the clutch lever out. ("Easing the clutch lever out" equals 'engaging the clutch'. This is the 'proper' term. And that can be useful when discussing issues)

You want to pedal the bike up to, say, six to ten miles per hour with the clutch disengaged and then engage the clutch quickly. Simply let go of the clutch lever. It'll be the momentum of both you and the bike that turns that engine over and gets it to fire up.

If you're pedaling slowly and engaging the clutch slowly you simply won't have enough force to compress the fuel/air mixture.

I hope I've understood your trouble correctly. If not, then it would seem that you have spark but still 'no run'. If that's the case, then you need to look into the possibility that no fuel is getting to the carburetor or that no fuel/air mix is getting from the carburetor into the the engine.

Good luck and come back with more info about just what that bike is doing or not doing. That'll help you get more answers and it'll help you track down the trouble and start riding.

I'm about to change the magneto on my bike. Wish me luck. Though it's actually not all that difficult a job. But every bit of luck helps.

sounds like a fuel problem, but you should go thru the whole 'no start' checklist anyway

does the clutch slip at all? hold the bike up and move the pedals to see if you are slipping, maybe too much compression. try loosen sparkplug and start. if that works it probably is a compression issue, using a thicker or second gasket at the jug base will help with that.

Back