Bike not starting, video and pictures available!

Solux

Local time
7:58 AM
Hello all, I'm kind of new to troubleshooting these engines. But I've been browsing the forums for awhile now. Figured I've tried all sorts of things, maybe I can get better advice from you guys by uploading a video. I checked the spark plug, I'm getting spark. All the bolts and stuff on the cylinder head are nice and snug, tried removing the kill switch wire, etc. Tried and tried, but thing just won't kick over! Driving me crazy. Pictures attached and video link below!

Attachments

• 20131006_150825.jpg
    20131006_150825.jpg
    424.2 KB · Views: 165
  • 20131007_135816.jpg
    20131007_135816.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Since you have spark, you need compression and fuel. Take carb off and raise back wheel, have someone put finger over intake to check for suction while you spin the wheel.

Squirt some gas into the spark plug hole, and see if it fires up.

Nothing?

While you're at it, change the spark plug.

Nothing?

Do what mony0 suggested.

Your bike runs so quietly, lol!

Seriously, you need a much much longer video with the bike's rear wheel off the ground,
and you talking us thru the troubleshooting steps.

Since you have spark, you need compression and fuel. Take carb off and raise back wheel, have someone put finger over intake to check for suction while you spin the wheel.
Thanks for the tip. Tomorrow when it's light and not raining I'll try that.

Squirt some gas into the spark plug hole, and see if it fires up.

Nothing?

While you're at it, change the spark plug.

Nothing?

Do what mony0 suggested.
I did notice when I took out the spark plug last night it was dry. It's suppose to have fuel there yes?

And if I can't get this thing running, I'm just going to invest in a staton kit. I heard those are reliable. And I'd rather have a friction drive, seems like a better setup.

Good luck.

FD has its own set of problems.

I'd try to fix what you have, you're so close.

Looks like a nice install on a nice bike.:)

Okay guys, I put some gas down the spark plug hole, and it fired up! But it won't stay running. Does that mean it's a carb problem? Maybe the carb isn't feeding gas into the engine?

Back