Bike not starting, video and pictures available!

I'm not saying this is what it is but I had a starting issue with my kit build right away and it was in the magneto it was missing a little piece of brass on the inside of the park plug head.

Yeah spark plug was dry as an 80 year old woman. I put a bit of gas down there, and she turned over. But didn't stay running. Has to be carb right?
I'm thinking carb, did you open the little float bowl drain screw, bottom left of carb? Check your float level too, if it's too low, fuel will never get up the jet.

I'm thinking carb, did you open the little float bowl drain screw, bottom left of carb? Check your float level too, if it's too low, fuel will never get up the jet.
I haven't done anything with it yet, I'll have to read up on how to adjust the float etc like you suggested. I feel like I'm so close to getting it running again.

Great news! I got it running again finally! Turns out the main jet was clogged! Thanks everyone for your help. This forum is great! Boy, I've learned a lot about these engines troubleshooting this thing. I have two more questions I hope someone can help me with now that's it running. I want this thing to run well and I'll put in the time to make it run well. But hasn't run in awhile, so I've noticed there's very little throttle response from 0 - 3/4 open throttle. But from 3/4 to WOT there's some pull. So what could cause this? Also, when releasing the clutch, the engine doesn't seem to engage until the lever is like 98% released. Is there a way to adjust that? Thanks! Look forward to your responses!

Attachments

• 20200731_023921.jpg
    20200731_023921.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 103
  • 20200731_024059.jpg
    20200731_024059.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Did you try to squirt a little brake cleaner up through the needle tube, that could be clogged too.

Did you try to squirt a little brake cleaner up through the needle tube, that could be clogged too.
No unfortunately I don't have any brake cleaner. But she seems to be running decent now. Just need some minor adjustments I believe.

Back