Bike Plate (tell it like it is)

I liked it too. Whats a #@$%, some kind of bike?

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't this a family oriented forum? The screwdriver word is inappropriate. I should know, I used some potty language and got reprimanded for it here.

I find it interesting that you actually think that driving a 150mpg bike will make a difference. It won't. All of the conservation in the USA will not decrease oil demand because countries like India and China have incredibly expanding economies that will easily soak up whatever we don't use.

I love it! It would really %$## %$## SUV drivers! It's PERFECT!

Here's what mine would be.

license_20080804194902_6701.jpg

dwsutton,

Opinion? I think not.

So I am assuming you are not a believer in supply and demand ?

Here is a brief description of how the US by reducing the DEMAND by driving scooters, smart cars, bikes, more efficient vehicles CAN have an effect on the price of fuel.

Supply and demand is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy. Demand refers to how much (quantity) of a product or service is desired by buyers. The quantity demanded is the amount of a product people are willing to buy at a certain price; the relationship between price and quantity demanded is known as the demand relationship. Supply represents how much the market can offer. The quantity supplied refers to the amount of a certain good producers are willing to supply when receiving a certain price. The correlation between price and how much of a good or service is supplied to the market is known as the supply relationship. Price, therefore, is a reflection of supply and demand.

If I misunderstood your comment forgive me.

You didn't misunderstand me, you don't understand the situation. Demand has fallen and will probably continue to decline somewhat, here. In the developing countries it is increasing and will continue to increase, offsetting our impact on world demand. In Al. we have a combined, at the pump tax of about 46 cents per gallon. As demand declines government income declines and we all know how they feel about that. The Fed has already been talking tax increase and when the election is over it will start in earnest.

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't misunderstand me, you don't understand the situation. Demand has fallen and will probably continue to decline somewhat, here. In the developing countries it is increasing and will continue to increase, offsetting out impact on world demand. In Al. we have a combined, at the pump tax of about 46 cents per gallon. As demand declines government income declines and we all know how they feel about that. The Fed has already been talking tax increase and when the election is over it will start in earnest.

So what do you believe the answer is? Burn more gas to lower the tax? You are right that China, India and a hundred other countries will buy the oil we don't. I prefer China's money going to Saudi instead of mine.

Last edited:
So what do you believe the answer is? Burn more gas to lower the tax? You are right that China, India and a hundred other countries will buy the oil we don't. I prefer China's money going to Saudi instead of mine.

Sensible usage, pursue new fuels that don't affect our food supply, get Washington out of the private sectors way, DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW & DRILL OFTEN.

It's still good.

I really don't care what the Chinese and the Indians do for fuel, and I don't care one way or another about the big oil companies. I figure if you think they make too much money, then buy their stock and stop complaining. However, it makes sense that if WE reduce our useage, then WE will be less dependant on that product, and we'll have a decreasing need to wory about what's going on in the Middle East . . . and it'll be less money out of our pockets in any case. Isn't that a big part of what these MBs are all about? I think I'd like a plate that says "Sc**w Opec"

Back