Bike posts

Marktur

Local time
7:37 PM
Hi guys,
I stole the shock-absorbing post from my mountain/comfort bike for my cruiser...put the big Schwinn comfort seat on...and I've noticed that there's some play allowing me to rotate the seat horizontally about 1/4" each direction...I know it's not going to fall off or anything, but it feels really weird (like I've got a rear flat tire) when I turn to look behind me. So I'm wondering if there's any sort of adjustment to tighten that up? (It's from a Schwinn Clear Creek comfort bike).

Also - I've seen some pix here with bikes that have a seat post that bends backwards, allowing the seat to move further from the handle-bars...is there some sort of shock-absorbing alternative that provides both perhaps?

If you know of something good, please point me in the right direction so I can buy it.

Thanks,
Mark

Seat posts come in several different sizes. Most have the size, in mm, on the lower end of the post. Such as, 25, 26.1, etc

I was talking to a bike salesman the other day. He said that some comfort bike posts have a bit of a swivel in them intentionally. By allowing it to swivel a bit side-to-side, you can use the larger, 'comfort' seats, as it causes less friction on your rear end when you're peddling.

I think I prefer the easy seat, with its two, independently swiveling seat pads.

I like the idea of Loquin's seat post for my real riding bike...but I want to feel stable while on the motor bike...I guess I'm freaked out from the flats...same sensation.

Back