Bike project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna have the bike by Friday any recommendations on 2 stroke kits?

The stock Zeda engines I have seen lately have some real s**t looking cylinders and ports with poor timing. The exception being the Zeda firestorm from BicycleEngines.Com., so the Firestorm or a Runwell kit with a G4 cylinder from BicycleMotorWorks would be my suggestion especially if your not planning on doing any port modifications on the cylinder. The 100cc Zeda is a 79cc and has the head incorporated with the cylinder which allowes no way of fine tuning the squish gap. I am not familiar with the ports or timing of these cylinders, but if they needed attention it seems they would be hard to access the transfers. This makes me skeptical of these engines.

Last edited:
I do
The stock Zeda engines I have seen lately have some real sh*t looking cylinders and ports with poor timing. The exception being the Zeda firestorm from BicycleEngines.Com., so the Firestorm or a Runwell kit with a G4 cylinder from BicycleMotorWorks would be my suggestion especially if your not planning on doing any port modifications on the cylinder.
I don't plan on doing any modifications other than quieter muffler in the future and pull start/ centrifugal clutch upgrade which will both require extended crank arms. I have also looked at the zeda 80 2 stroke kit any experience with it?

I do
I don't plan on doing any modifications other than quieter muffler in the future and pull start/ centrifugal clutch upgrade which will both require extended crank arms. I have also looked at the zeda 80 2 stroke kit any experience with it?
I do
I just explained my experience with them. Read reply #15 again.

Oh ok re-read it and I understand now. For simplictys sake would a China kit from Wal-Mart be easier to install or would it give me more problems down the line

You're far better off buying the zeda80 from bicycle engines .com or the pk80 from bmw. Both have good customer service and know their products. So if there is a problem they will quickly resolve it.
That's my 2 cents.

I never tried a walmart kit so I can't really say, but I have built many bikes and stick with the suggestions I gave above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back