Bike Running Horribly

• Thread starter Bike running horribly
  • Start date
I can buy a Honda Grom (or Kawa 125Z) for $3000 and it will crush all of these motorbikes in terms of speed and reliability. But I'll have to get a Motorcycle endorsement on my license. And insurance. And, yeah, the $3000.

This is a great hobby! I really enjoy logging on to this forum each day to find new things to learn. I am so proud of how good I have gotten with this and I thoroughly enjoy the new ideas and projects I am free to explore. It is a continuous experiment. A lot of the things I've done I write about here (like riding around with my carb wrapped in plastic to play with mixture); some of them I dare not tell you about because it breaks all the rules!

Some builders are obsessed with speed (first question they ask about my bike: how fast does it go?). My particular interest is in developping reliability in the 2 stroke machine. I'd really like to improve things to a point where my bike is at least as reliable as a high dollar motorcycle (and that standard is not very high!) I am getting close but there are some persistent issues that I hope to address in the very near future.

Cheap and reliable may be a difficult thing to aspire to but I am doing my best.

Back