Bike Running Horribly

• Thread starter Bike running horribly
  • Start date
There's a crack on the air intake of the carb would that have any adverse effects?

Obviously running way too rich evidenced by the dripping fuel and the fact that it started to run well when it ran out of gas. The hole in the air filter may let in dirt, otherwise would not effect running.

It won't even start now the engine sounds like it's turning over but it never actually starts no matter how hard I pedal I was changing the brassy thing inside the carb that keeps the float from overflowing would that have caused it to be in such bad shape I'm so out of breath right now from just trying to get started

Last edited:
Are you giving it throttle when you take off? I looked at the pic of your air filter and I saw that you were out of adjustments on the idle.
I always give it a lot of throttle and the idle screw doesn't seem to help much when I use it but when it does idle which it won't in this state I just adjust it then The engine made like one small burp of power when I was trying to start it but otherwise wouldn't start at all and I think the oil is coming out the top of the muffler as well

Last edited:
image.jpeg
Also I just noticed I think I'm missing the guide peg? I don't know what size it would be or where I could get a new one

Also the clutch had slipped so I retightened that thinking that's what the whole problem was after all but I guess not because the engine still isn't turning on I took the spark plug out and rode it around and it sounds healthy but it still won't work I checked the spark plug and I did see some sparks so I don't think it's that is it flooded with gas or something?

image.jpeg
Could the problem be that the boot cap is missing the coil or something I think I remember it having some kind of conductor in the top part when I first got it

You were getting a spark, so I'd go back to the carb. I think you may be over rich or flooding. Is the air filter clean? Did you tighten up the choke so it doesn't fall down on its own? Otherwise, where is the little "C" clip on the needle? If it's not at the end of needle, move it a notch or two in that direction.

Back