bike saves life

B

blacklabel7345

hey everyone, iv been away for a while but not really away, just not posting. Iv been waiting for when i was "ready" to build the bike. today was the day. the bike did not really save my life, but it did make for an interesting day.

woke up this morning, had to go to work at 10, but could not find a ride. my job is 7 miles away and not fun to walk. Called everyone, no one could help. with 2 hours before i was going to be late, i had a stupidly awsome idea that could work. i ended up puting the kit together in 1.5hours on an old speedbike(will post pics soon), fining some cainsaw gas and firing it up. Fired up first crank. with no seat or breaks i rode 7 miles staning up with no problems, and ended up being 15 min late oppose to not showing up

thought id share the summery of it with u

Wow! They must have given you a "one last chance" kind of a thing to make you go through all that. Gotta give you credit. You made it.
Doc

Well done man,record time....after all that effort when u got to work i hope u asked for a promotion,or at the very least a pay-rise. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool story. I you need I have a few spare seats around I'd be happy to send you.

1.5 hours!!! It took me 6 weekends to get my engine going with all th problems I had.

BSA

well the engine is not without its problems, i figured id ride it and see wat happens. My desktop is still broken(geek squad loves to take their time and skrew u out of cash) but as soon as i get that fixed ill send pics.
For some updates:
bike still has no brakes
runs but throttle gets stuck half way( seems to be a cable rather than carb issue)
took the plug out, seems to be a lil ashy, will try to use more oil
snapped the clutch cable, waitng for a new one
besides that the bike looks ghetto as heck, but got me to work and after the finishing touches it should be operable.

neat topic... :)

the clutch cable is merely a bicycle brake cable, that will help with the waiting part in the future.
might could be the carby-cap is a bit too tight...if so the slide will stick at the upper portion of travel.

keep us posted.

just fixed the cable, still no brakes or killswitch. have no clue how to wire it, looked on some posts but some things i jsut cant understand unless i see them. the kill is wired blue to blue and the other two are spliced togheth and connected to ground(frame) so feel free to tell me what i did wrong. I jsut rode my bike aroud the block, and its getting faster and faster. Took care of the asy plug( someone tolled me not to coast so much throttled down) but besides that im going to take it to town today to see how everything is runnin.

Back