bike seems to be bogging at low speed

seth martin

Local time
5:23 PM
my bike has just recently been broke in and i noticed a big difference in top speed and how weel it now runs at higher rpm but before it was broke in at lower rpms it seemed to do better is this a part of the breaking in process? it also doesnt take hills as well but top speed it much better and myuch smoother any reason this could be?thanks guys

Might want to check the carb adjustment, mine will bog when accelerating if the low speed jet is too lean. If you're too lean on the high speed, you won't develop full power. Just a change in temperature can require minor carb adjustment.

4 stroke or 2?

Just to throw this out,if it's a 2 stroke and you run a bit rich with the premix,you could have in turn clogged your exhaust enough to do that very thing.

its a 2 stroke and i run 25:1....temps have been a bit crazy here in fla 75 one day 35 the next night

That shouldn't clog it. I would check the exhaust anyway,just to cross that off the possible reasons.

is it as simple as unscrewing it and looking and ill see what your talking about are there gaskets to replace or anything

Might want to check the carb adjustment, mine will bog when accelerating if the low speed jet is too lean. If you're too lean on the high speed, you won't develop full power. Just a change in temperature can require minor carb adjustment.

My 2-stroke is now bogging a lot when I reach the upper RPMs. I slowly pull the throttle in about half way, but if I go farther... I start to get the "wa, wa, wa" instead of the "weeeee" that I miss so much. It will eventually get passed the bogging part only if it's assisted past the half-throttle stage, like with me pedaling super fast or going down a small hill. Then it's completely fine until I let off the throttle, and then I can't get back to full throttle again (without assistance).

My guesses are that I've got too much oil, I've been running 20:1, and I'm almost done with my second gallon. I'm going to switch to 25:1 no matter what, but I'm wondering if there are other things I should look out for, like changing a dirty spark plug, changing air/fuel mixture, putting another hole in my gas cap, etc...

Thanks in advance!

That's a really good question. I lost the manual that came with my bike.

It's a 33cc Chinese 2-stroke... obviously not a Happy Time. There's only an idle screw if that helps.

Back