Bike Show and Ride - Brookline Ma.

shawnshank

Local time
6:11 AM
Bike Show and Ride - Sunday Aug 9th - Brookline Ma.

Hello all,

O.k. I heard about this Bicycle Show that is happening Sunday, August 9, 2009 at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline Ma.
I know there will be some cool bikes to look but there will also be a swap meet so hopefully there will be some cool things to buy as well.
I am definately going this time. I have the time set aside and nothing will stop me (well except rain in which case I'll drive).
If anyone is interested in showing off their mb, respond to this thread and we'll arrange a time and place to meet and ride in. I'm leaving Somerville Ma. at 9:00am to get there in time for the start of the show (10:00am).

I only hope I have enough fuel to get me there and back.

Website: http://www.larzanderson.org/Topics/Topic.cfm?TopicName=Show%20Event&CFID=321216&CFTOKEN=83671224&CalendarEventId=86

Directions:http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=15+newton+st.+brookline,+ma&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.244827,82.265625&ie=UTF8&z=16&om=1

SS

Last edited:
I am in! Sounds great. Also Carol will be coming and will need shopping buddys. (Never misses a shopping opportunity, snork)

Thanks Shawn

Just read Sheldon Brown will be there! Wow. Is my internet "go to guy" on bike stuff. I owe that man a a beer or 12. Maybe coffee.

That'll have to wait Dan. Sheldon died in Feb. 2008 but he'll be there in spirit for the dedication. Ride in Peace.

Do you want to meet somewhere and ride in together? I'll probably go in via memorial drive to comm ave, jamaica way that way.
I'm worried about my puny tank and fuel bottle not being enough to get me there and back. It's only 9 miles one way so I should be o.k....I hope.

Just read Sheldon Brown will be there! Wow. Is my internet "go to guy" on bike stuff. I owe that man a a beer or 12. Maybe coffee.

That'll have to wait Dan. Sheldon died in Feb. 2008 but he'll be there in spirit for the dedication. Ride in Peace.

Was wondering HV. Had read that and was hopeing. Is a great loss.

Do you want to meet somewhere and ride in together? I'll probably go in via memorial drive to comm ave, jamaica way that way.
I'm worried about my puny tank and fuel bottle not being enough to get me there and back. It's only 9 miles one way so I should be o.k....I hope.

I dunno my way around there, so up to you. Just crashed my last running MB, but as I was laying there, it was still running so think it will make it. Front fender let go. Newbie mistake! LOL. And I nailed it. (Front of MB stopped. me and the rest kept going)

Shawn, might not make it but going to try. Right hand and left side are pretty messed up and have not had a good look at my bike yet. Going to try. Do you know an exact place or address where we could meet? Or could just meet at front gate if there is one. Lemme know. I will PM you my cell#

Hi,
Im in Hampstead NH. and it just so happens I got my friction drive Hummer and a rack for the mini van. Lets see 93S to Somerville 45 minutes.Shawn can you pm with a phone number. I'm pretty much useless with finding a way in. Danny sorry to here about your spill. Any chance you can make it, I got ace bandages, ice , tylenol whatever you need. Ill make a trip back home to get another motoredbike bike if ya need one to ride.

Hi,
Im in Hampstead NH. and it just so happens I got my friction drive Hummer and a rack for the mini van. Lets see 93S to Somerville 45 minutes.Shawn can you pm with a phone number. I'm pretty much useless with finding a way in. Danny sorry to here about your spill. Any chance you can make it, I got ace bandages, ice , tylenol whatever you need. Ill make a trip back home to get another motoredbike bike if ya need one to ride.

Wow Ray, thank you! Just finished putting the bike back together and did amazingly lil damage. Only had to replace the clutch handle and shattered the solar head light collector thing lens. (thats the tech term, lol) Really do appreciate the thought though. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys.

Back