Bike stalls mid throttle

bike man needs help

Local time
7:24 PM
Hi so I recently installed an expansion chamber and silencer on my 2 stroke motorized bike. I run stock jets and 32:1 fuel ratio. Ever since the first 20 minutes of riding it, the bike would jerk back as if it were to stall. However this would happen mid throttle when I'm going at decent speeds. I don't know if it has to do with the clutch, cdi or expansion chamber. It may be a carberator issue but it is strange considering the bike cuts power so aggressively. Anyone know or suspect what it might be? Thanks.

Hi so I recently installed an expansion chamber and silencer on my 2 stroke motorized bike. I run stock jets and 32:1 fuel ratio. Ever since the first 20 minutes of riding it, the bike would jerk back as if it were to stall. However this would happen mid throttle when I'm going at decent speeds. I don't know if it has to do with the clutch, cdi or expansion chamber. It may be a carberator issue but it is strange considering the bike cuts power so aggressively. Anyone know or suspect what it might be? Thanks.
90% chance it's a carb issue and/or fuel flow problem.

With many of these carbs, there's a small screen inside of the carb where the inlet fuel line is that has become clogged.
I cleaned the carb out and tightened the connection, but now ran into a different issue. When the clutch is disengaged the bike can move back and fourth (as it should). But as soon as I let go of the clutch lever, the bike locks up its rear wheel. No matter how hard I push the bike the wheel gets locked up. What should I do?

as soon as I let go of the clutch lever, the bike locks up its rear wheel. No matter how hard I push the bike the wheel gets locked up. What should I do?
The wheel shouldn't be able to move freely once you engage the clutch...lol.

The compression in the engine being engaged through the use of the clutch prevents free movement.

The wheel shouldn't be able to move freely once you engage the clutch...lol.

The compression in the engine being engaged through the use of the clutch prevents free movement.
I believe I wrote that the the wheel moves freely only when the clutch is disengaged. But when I pedal up to speed and let go of the clutch (engage it), then the wheel locks up and the engine doesn't turn over.

But when I pedal up to speed and let go of the clutch (engage it), then the wheel locks up and the engine doesn't turn over.
That sounds like something locked up in the motor itself to me.

When that happened to me with my Zeda 80 that I had, I found out that the piston was installed backwards at the factory, resulting in the ring pins facing the exhaust rather than the intake as it should have been...One of the ring pins broke off and lodged itself between the piston and cylinder wall causing the engine to seize up and prevent the motor from starting as well as seizing up the rear wheel when engaged.

That sounds like something locked up in the motor itself to me.

When that happened to me with my Zeda 80 that I had, I found out that the piston was installed backwards at the factory, resulting in the ring pins facing the exhaust rather than the intake as it should have been...One of the ring pins broke off and lodged itself between the piston and cylinder wall causing the engine to seize up and prevent the motor from starting as well as seizing up the rear wheel when engaged.
Hope that's not the case lol. I also have a zeda 80. Just now I disconnected the killswitch because it's a common issue on these bikes regarding compression and it started right up without locking the wheel but then quickly shut down. I'm going to open up the head bolts just to make sure there is nothing lodged up in there. Thanks man

Update: started my bike again and it idles great. But there's a rattling noise coming from the piston area. Anyone have a clue what it might be. Sorry for bothering u guys just wanna fix my bike as soon as possible lol.

Back