Bike starts easy has power runs great on the stand but

Memememe

Local time
10:56 PM
So I got my 80cc 2 stroke engine running it starts easily and when it's Spike sitting on it stand it seems to run gray and give it all the gas I want but when I ride it even though it doesn't seem to be losing any power as soon as I give it gas it starts going to chug chug chug and gets all jerky picks up speed pretty good goes like a bat out a someplace has brand new spark plug and the whole bit even when it's cold I can just kick started with the pedal and it starts right up but as soon as I start riding it it starts going to chug chug chug and jerking a lot I'm confused any ideas as to what is causing that?

So I got my 80cc 2 stroke engine running it starts easily and when it's Spike sitting on it stand it seems to run gray and give it all the gas I want but when I ride it even though it doesn't seem to be losing any power as soon as I give it gas it starts going to chug chug chug and gets all jerky picks up speed pretty good goes like a bat out a someplace has brand new spark plug and the whole bit even when it's cold I can just kick started with the pedal and it starts right up but as soon as I start riding it it starts going to chug chug chug and jerking a lot I'm confused any ideas as to what is causing that?
Is this new???...Did you adjust the needle valve "C" clip for your altitude???....What is the gas/oil ratio that you are using???...What plug are you using and what is it gapped at???...DAMIEN

Timely post. Got my bike running (50cc) on first kick last night with no adjustments. Very surprised, but I can almost say that my experience as a first timer with nothing to compare it to, i have the same 'symptoms".. chug chug chug then finally smooths out after a good pedal after letting out the clutch. Clutch seems pretty hard to pull in, but besides that seems to engage and disengage fine. But seems to be all on or all off (the clutch) no squish zone like n a motorcycle

Timely post. Got my bike running (50cc) on first kick last night with no adjustments. Very surprised, but I can almost say that my experience as a first timer with nothing to compare it to, i have the same 'symptoms".. chug chug chug then finally smooths out after a good pedal after letting out the clutch. Clutch seems pretty hard to pull in, but besides that seems to engage and disengage fine. But seems to be all on or all off (the clutch) no squish zone like n a motorcycle
Your clutch will be a little jerky at first till the clutch pads wear in, also the bevel gears need time to wear in & it will contribute to the jerkiness.

Gearing also plays quite a bit in these also I've noticed. I run a 44 tooth so it's fairly low geared & more suited for my short trips. I had a 36 tooth on but was way too tall for my city riding.

Back