Bike Stolen, chain snapped, trying to rebuild

R

rivirsawyer

Hey there,

My 2003 CBR 600rr was stolen this summer, and recovered a few days later up the highway with a snapped chain, the idiot was probably trying to catwalk it doing 200km/h.

SO i got it back, but its not in awesome shape. He drilled out the ignition real well so I can't start it to even see if it still runs. I've just started to get into it, and stripped off all the plastic. However before I throw any money at it I'm trying to make sure the motor isn't cooked.

I took off the front sprocket cover, The snapped chain was jammed in there and dangling out the back. Now my big concern is that because the chain snapped while the bike was presumably driving at a high speed it might of cooked the engine somehow. Right now I can't get the drive sprocket to spin when the clutch is engaged. My question is, what else should I be looking at to confirm the status of the drive train?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I get a lot of bums who go ape looking at my ride jump off the street barge in the restaurant shout, That your bike wanna get rid of it?
Others come up as you friendly with butcher knives hanging off their belt,
I want your bike!
I try to explain you can fly for one off eBay anywhere from $80.00 to $250
No I want your bike, it has to be your bike!
Hate the idea of them to ask I half plan self defense around them day and night.

I would imagine that it is just a woodruff key. Nice and cheap, and invented for the purpose. They break to protect against serious damage to drivetrain parts and cast alloy case or whatever that hold them. Good luck with it :)

These are the ones we use on the little two stroke kit engine:

_20170228_161248.JPG
_20170228_161452.JPG

Back