Stolen Bike stolen in Tucson

steelfan41

Local time
12:07 PM
Last night my bike got stolen. Adding insult to injury, I have an expansion chamber and speed carb arriving tomorrow. :(

Sorry about your loss, man. How did it happen?

At least they didn't get your pipe and carb. That can go towards the next build.

It was secured to a pillar outside my front door with a cable and a chain. Both were gone with the bike when I got up yesterday around noon. There is a bike swap meet in guadalupe in metro phx today. I am guessing that's where it is going to end up. The paint scheme on it makes it really easy to identify. Wish I had a way to get there. Thanks for the wishes, I'm totally bummed. I loved riding & was really excited about the pipe and carb.

I use an expensive Fugettaboutit chain and a cable(for the front wheel), which I leave at work on the bike rack. On the bike is a cable, in case I need to secure the bike for a short time on my ride home. I keep my bike indoors at home. If I go to town, I carry another Fugettaboutit chain.

Ya can't be too careful nowadays.:sick:

Yes, I know that that would be the pits. Ok, listen, the best way to prevent that from ever happening again is bring bike indoors with you. Sure, can be a pain, but REALLY helps in long run.

Glen:devilish:

I had been bringing it inside, but my apt. management told me I couldn't do it. There was a mb swap meet in a South Phoenix suburb today, I'm sure that's where my bike ended up. Got my e. chamber and speed carb in the mail today. :( Gonna return them or sell them. I don't have the means to get another bike for like 5-6 months. Thanks for all the wishes. :)

Do you have any pictures of the bike??? Post them here, and those of us who live in the area can keep our eyes open for it.

Did you file a police report? If we see it, and have the Tuscon police report number and photos, we could at least report seeing the stolen bike to the local police...

The bike has a new black 2l gas tank. The tensioner is a dead give-away. Also there is a crack in the top of the drive sprockets casing about 1/2" x 2" I need to file a report, just haven't had the heart to, but I will later today so my bases are all covered.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 443
  • Robo 1.jpg
    Robo 1.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 441
  • AF.jpg
    AF.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 421
Back