Bike thief wants no bail

DistantWolrld101

How nice of you to just tell the whole world joe it poor.. i have you know joe is quite rich he bought Corona Stock and it just keeps rising :p

Tyler6357

"This thread ain't about the fair treatment of criminals, it about Bail Reform." In my way of thinking bail is related directly to how a defendant is treated. How can it not be? Why should poor Joe spend 6 months in jail while rich Eddie gets out in a few hours just because Eddie has more money? Same crime and history for each defendant. There is no justice in that for Joe at all.
You're right, it is about bail reform. I found this video, this guy talks about how lame the bail reform law is and how they are already tying to change it. At the end he even talks about our friend the bike thief, Ha!

Wrench

"This thread ain't about the fair treatment of criminals, it about Bail Reform." In my way of thinking bail is related directly to how a defendant is treated. How can it not be? Why should poor Joe spend 6 months in jail while rich Eddie gets out in a few hours just because Eddie has more money? Same crime and history for each defendant. There is no justice in that for Joe at all.
While I do understand your point.
I'm not going to put pressure on the government for bail reform. Each individual and their case is different.
Everyone has a right to a speedy trial. Poor Joe must of really F#@ up to spend 6 months in jail before his trial.
Everyone in jail says their innocent. Making Bail don't mean your not guilty. Ya still gotta face the music.
Bail reform might help a few but the majority are Criminals your just letting back out on the street IMO
My point is if you ended up in jail you must of done something wrong. I really don't have any sympathy.
All's I can do is to keep my own nose clean and try to be an honest citizen in my own community
Good For Eddie he has money for bail. So what?
Bail reform is the states way to save money by not having to pay to keep criminals in jail while they wait for a trial.
I feel it will put the public more at risk.

Last edited: