bike too loud?

2strokepoke

Local time
4:59 AM
want to make your bike signifcantly quieter but dont wanna shell out the money for a silencer? try a soda can/aluminum bottle with some steel wool and a hose clamp and attach to your exhaust oh and dont forget to poke holes..

I found that pop cans are too thin and rip easily but if youre patient you can make a decent one.

Go wild.

ohh, i bet that looks totally custom!:whistle:
the BEST way to do it is to modify the stock muffler because it will still look good, sound good and if you do it right, it will have improved flow.
I have a modified stock muffler on the end of an expansion chamber, and it's slightly louder than stock, and it looks excellent.
I also have a modified stock muffler on the end of a long straightpipe and it sound excellent too.
Plus both of these mufflers look a whole lot better than a :poop: soda can or bottle stuck on the end of a pipe.

Anyone remember the ' Murphy Muffler ? '

Back in the early 80's, a guy named Murphy invented the Murphy Muffler, it was a simple device, using heat proof foam rubber [ Silicone ? ] it reduced noise by dampening vibration. The prototype was fitted to a model airplane engine, power output was unaffected [ no restriction ] yet noise levels quieted, and the exhaust had a deep, throaty tone, rather than an irritating buzz.

Anyone have any updated info on the Murphy Muffler ? Sounds [ pun ]
like it would be perfect for M B use.

Completely agree with V 35

I am using a Dubro 12mm silicon exhaust deflector (45 degrees) on the exhaust pipe exit which "significantly cuts down exhaust noise.

A very low cost method, yet does not diminish power in any way.

In no way is this link advertising or promoting this website, just to enable members to view the exhaust deflector:

http://www.duanesplanes.com.au/product.php?productid=1464

Back