Bike trailer

Paratrooper

Local time
3:18 PM
What is the size limit for a trailer pulled by a bicycle? I am wanting to build one 4 feet wide and 8 feet long. I'm in Arizona. Thanks.

I don't think there is any size limits or regulations in Arizona for bicycle trailers. But a trailer 4 ft wide would be dangerous driving on the side of the road. It would require cars to get in the other lane to pass if another lane was available. I have had great success with B.O.B. trailers. They track true and are made of good materials.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
What is the reason you want it so large? Mine is about 2.5 x 3, and it can be a problem in tight places.

Thank you for your quick replies. My BAD! I meant more like 21 inches wide. I want to put two solar panels that I got in a deal on top of a trailer in which I will haul prospecting equipment as well as some batteries. The panels are 21 inches wide and 4 foot long. So they will go on top of the trailer making it about 21 inches wide by 8 foot long. It would give me access to areas that are now not accessible except by foot and carrying stuff just doesn't cut it. If there are no size limits then I'm good to go. Thank you again.

Anyone looking to pull a bike trailer on a regular basis should (in my opinion) shy away from all trailers that connect at the axle like, Aosom, Bakcou, Bee, Ibex, Rexone, Rover, Schwinn, Topeak, Wike, Vida XL, etc., and only consider 2 wheel trailers if you will always be riding on hard surfaces. Look at the Tout Terrain Mule trailer as an example of a trailer that's relatively easy to pull.

Back