Bike trouble! Newbie please help!

shnow

Local time
7:05 AM
So i bought this Taiwan made Whizzer about a month ago from a guy off of craigslist, and i just adjusted the clutch because the bike had been squeaking alot and the engine would stall out randomly and not start up again. Now it has no probs firing but im having trouble adjusting the engine location so that both belts are taut. I think i have it at its best but when i start riding it...It won't accelerate too well at all like it first used to. It picks up speed eventually but takes a while. When i give a significant amount of throttle it just revs really loud but at a low throttle it picks up speed.? Any thoughts or suggestions....Do i need to replace a belt? Am i on the right track? please help! (First time moped owner!)
photo.JPG

Thanks!

So i bought this Taiwan made Whizzer about a month ago from a guy off of craigslist, and i just adjusted the clutch because the bike had been squeaking alot and the engine would stall out randomly and not start up again. Now it has no probs firing but im having trouble adjusting the engine location so that both belts are taut. I think i have it at its best but when i start riding it...It won't accelerate too well at all like it first used to. It picks up speed eventually but takes a while. When i give a significant amount of throttle it just revs really loud but at a low throttle it picks up speed.? Any thoughts or suggestions....Do i need to replace a belt? Am i on the right track? please help! (First time moped owner!)
View attachment 49374

Thanks!
Hi shnow, replace the belts, there cheap enough.
do all the reading you can here, loads of info here about adjusting the belts.
I think it's to do with your fuel, dirty fuel, paint chips from the inside of tank. carb may need cleaning, do a check list from what you read here in the forum.

Whats your plans for the whizzer? keeping it, doing the upgrades.
it looks like it hasn't had any mods done to it.

When you say taiwan whizzer, are you referring to the cruzzer or cyclone.
Whizzer USA made the Sportsman,same color as yours.

Thanks,
Ray

Attachments

• DSCN3199.jpg
    DSCN3199.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 272
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back