Bike turns over, but will not respond to the throttle

JazeBlays

Local time
1:26 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying their day, I have an issue with my 2 stroke motorized bicycle. I pop the clutch and my bike starts, but when I gas the throttle the bike does not respond completely. It seems like it wants to start revving up but it just doesn’t. I checked the carburetor and reinstalled the throttle cable to it and it is opening up the valve that is inside the carburetor so I am wondering why the bike won’t respond to the throttle. Thanks for the help fellow people!
Joseph.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day, I have an issue with my 2 stroke motorized bicycle. I pop the clutch and my bike starts, but when I gas the throttle the bike does not respond completely. It seems like it wants to start revving up but it just doesn’t. I checked the carburetor and reinstalled the throttle cable to it and it is opening up the valve that is inside the carburetor so I am wondering why the bike won’t respond to the throttle. Thanks for the help fellow people!
Joseph.
check the choke if it’s on to start very slowly throttle then try to flip it up.Mess with it you’ll finally get it. Send us a photo of carburetor and engine. If choke doesn’t help

I took apart the carb and put it back together. One thing I noticed is that the fuel line doesn’t want to fill up all of the way but the bike will still start. Tried the spark plug but it’s fine. I’m gonna start to open up the magneto and gear box just to make sure everything is good there. Once again the bike starts but when I throttle it makes a noise but nothing engages and when I pull the clutch in the bike dies right away.

For sure. I will post pics later. Just got finished working on the bike this morning. I switched the carburetor from my non working motorized bike onto my working rig and it ran just fine so now at least I know it’s not the carburetor thats the issue. Maybe the magneto? Gonna keep searching and I’ll post pics of the parts I think might be the issue. Thanks for the responses by the way guys I’m kinda new to two stroke engines and could use all the help I can get.

The reason since new., for photo we can tell what brands or name of your parts on engine. Gives us where to start and what to fix or check.I’m not trying to be rude!

This is what my set up currently is. I just tightened the bolts on the engine without a torque wrench I just did it til it was pretty darn snug. Carburetor works, but gas line doesn’t fill up completely with gas. Still getting the sputtering after the engine cranks on. Clutch pulled in kills the engine immediately.

Attachments

• 950C0E25-BF85-46BE-B4B7-A2DD2A7B4591.jpeg
    950C0E25-BF85-46BE-B4B7-A2DD2A7B4591.jpeg
    207 KB · Views: 139
  • 341C457E-708F-422E-818C-D1CE187E317E.jpeg
    341C457E-708F-422E-818C-D1CE187E317E.jpeg
    233.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 836416C8-3B0F-42BA-A115-1A9CC8D01C02.jpeg
    836416C8-3B0F-42BA-A115-1A9CC8D01C02.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 151
Do you turn your fuel valve off at gas tank when done riding for the day. You don’t have too. If it’s leaking, fuel line or float problems. Try this turn fuel on at tank in pic it’s not on all the way and twist gas cap so it loose where you could almost remove it try starting . See if that helps.

Okay I will try that. After that I’m just not sure what to do. It’s wierd and frustrating that the engine starts and wants to give power but doesn’t. I’ll try what you said though tomorrow and keep you updated. Thanks again.

Don’t give up it will be something obvious we will get it . If not someone else will on here. There’s still things to try. I’m trying easy stuff first.

Back