Bike turns over, but will not respond to the throttle

I just built one it started right up but know power really . Just real weak so I let it run idled perfect rev up good .Shut it off.Next morning it wouldn’t start.Check for spark got it, found oil between head with a paper towel, so change head gasket didn’t help tho. Dam exhaust gasket blew out that’s why oil was between head.So it still wouldn’t start.Check carb now it’s brand new there was a bunch of dirt in bowl and jet was clogged. Cleaned good with carb cleaner. Installed new jet.Started right up. There’s a filter In tank a filter in line and my carb has a filter go figure.

I’m gonna start looking at the CDI and all of its components. I looked up online and the forums said that a bad cdi connection or box will lead to most of the problems I’ve had (rough running, trouble starting, sputtering). I’ll keep y’all posted.

Hey I'm having the same problem, has anyone found a solution? It's very frustrating

Edit Correction...

PS: My Bad...

I went out and check my filter and found out that there is no fuel stop in the filter,,, and Im the goof with it on backwards... Ha

View attachment 97136

At least I'm practicing my being wrong...

Not too sharp today Don 🥴
I’m not sharp either I liked your post without really looking closely at the filter...👀 are open now!

Back