Bike will not start. New (1 month)

no engines in Bicycle Repair and Mod. Already stated on earlier page.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry about this being posted in the "wrong space" i understand the need to keep things clean.. but if you use a search engine all things should come up...

My engine is running like it is supposed to now. Before it would not start.
Today my bike was a champion! Started every time :)

Now i know that it was a simple clutch cable problem, yes that is what it was.

Please do not argue over this stuff guys..

We are all just big kids who like to ride fast toys. Cant we all just get along!

We all come here to learn. and I have found a lot of usefull info. Just because things are a little random... Thats what search engines are for. (or new posts ;)

This is a great forum, lets all keep this movement going ;)

-nik

Nik,
This thread has been moved to the proper forum, no worries. Search engines are great indeed, but having the info organized first will making searching much more effective.

Skyliner70cc please watch the ****. Regardless of anything else, this is a family freindly forum. My kids read this!

Hey Nik I'm so happy for you and glad you figured it out. I admire your determination and patience and not giving up. Have fun!

Alaskavan, thanks for your opinion. I don't care if you take offense at my use of asterisks. and find you to be a hypocrite for your use of asterisks in your Edward Abbey quote in your signature. -->

Our 'neoconservatives' are neither new nor conservative, but old as Bablyon and evil as ****. - Edward Abbey

Thank You

I have figured it out! thanks to all of your help...

Guess what the culprit was! THE CLUTCH CABLE was just about 1/2inch to tight~

I loosened it up and the baby came right to life! like it should!~

Thank you.. this has taken me 2 weeks to figure out.. so I am dummy of the month!

I was just about to throw it in the fire.. ;) and now i can ride ride ride!

The engine seemed a little rough.. i think i am going to go back to the 2nd notch on the carb needle...

This is great.. and the kill switch shut the bike off perfect! im so happy .. happy time!

I love this forum! thank you.. did i say that .. thank you! i can ride all day sunday ;)

see you guys on the road soon... -nik

this fixed what my problem was! I pretty much stripped and checked everything too many times. I put 30+ hours into trying to fix my bike then as soon as I read this I was like "no, no it can't be that easy"... and it was and now I'm ripping **** up, my jet 80cc goes about 45 kph with stock 44 tooth sprocket. thank you for posting this solution

I dont understand how having your clutch cable too tight can cause all of these problems. I'm having a similar crisis except for the fact that i never had problems starting my bike till it one day died in the middle of a ride (after a month).

If the bike rolls when the clutch is out and then moves the piston when its in how can this cause a non start issue?

Back