Bike won't accelerate

Anthony Diego

Local time
10:16 AM
So I've had a Wally world (huffy) mbike for 2 months now. Had to recently replace the chain because last one snapped however I don't think that is the root of my problem. The problem is that the engine won't accelerate to its highest speed. It will turn over and start but it will only go about 10-15 mph when I have easily gone past 30 before. What could be the issue?

air leak, trash inside carb main jet, loose spark plug, bad screws connection at stator coil, loose head nuts, partial seizure due to insuficient gas that now has the rings stuck in their ring grooves which keeps them from sealing correctly, mouse in your muffler

air leak, trash inside carb main jet, loose spark plug, bad screws connection at stator coil, loose head nuts, partial seizure due to insuficient gas that now has the rings stuck in their ring grooves which keeps them from sealing correctly, mouse in your muffler

Could you explain in a way that an amateur to the motored bike scene would understand?

that's like a scrawny kid asking a kung fu master to teach him everything in one week.

Read and be your own mechanic and it will all come to you little by little.

A good place to start is by clicking on my signature link.

While Frank is being funny, dead mice happen.
A friend's car had a weird smell when up to temperature.
Turned out to be a mouse nest slowly cooking under the intake plenum.

Pipes sitting around behind the shed do gain mice and nest material.
When squeezed or shaken, mice will squeak.

While Frank is being funny, dead mice happen.
A friend's car had a weird smell when up to temperature.
Turned out to be a mouse nest slowly cooking under the intake plenum.

Pipes sitting around behind the shed do gain mice and nest material.
When squeezed or shaken, mice will squeak.
Good idea. You can also squeeze various engine components and listen for those little squeakers. If it squeaks for more than a minute you have in infestation, recommended you run without oil to flush them out with heat. Another thread was talking about using thermite for recreational purposes, in this case a half cup should be perfect for a mouse infestation. Good luck and wear a damn helmet (and goggles should you decide on using thermite.)

Good idea. You can also squeeze various engine components and listen for those little squeakers. If it squeaks for more than a minute you have in infestation, recommended you run without oil to flush them out with heat. Another thread was talking about using thermite for recreational purposes, in this case a half cup should be perfect for a mouse infestation. Good luck and wear a damn helmet (and goggles should you decide on using thermite.)

Termites??!!
We ain't got no termites here. Jus' dem danged earwigs.
Tons and tons of earwigs. Kinda wild when ya turn on the BBQ.
They pour out like water. The ones left behind give the burgers a nut-like flavour...

Mmmmm mice and termite cooked with thermite. Sounds like a Poe's poetry sent to Martha Stewart.

Back