Engine Trouble Bike wont go faster than 24mph with 36t sprocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh shoot! I forgot to mention my engine also makes this weird noise while i ride or just sit and idle. When i give it throttle it makes this weired electric bike noise or even kinda sounds like a really light wine.
I wonder if thats blow by threw the rings?
You wont hear the blow by it just wont make power in the top end at first and just get worse over time.

For christ's sake. I met a girl in a bar said she hardly ever used it, practically brand new. Just buy a new motor.

Lol Gary i might. Ill just use this until it says i cant no more.

Lol Gary i might. Ill just use this until it says i cant no more.
Ya your right. 150 psi is pretty good for a engine that old. Maybe change the sprocket back to a 41 or 44. Like Ryderz said drop to 4 ozs. per gallon to see if it runs a little better and grease the gears lightly. If I knew how many miles were on it I might look at a couple of other things, but it could be that he did hardly use it and so tearing into it to replace the rings, wrist pin and bearing wouldn't be needed. Its a crap shoot.

Best of luck with it Pete...I'd say we covered the basics and about all that anyone can do online to help figure it out.

I would imagine being an 09 motor the crank probably vibrates like hell compared to most of the newer built motors even though they vibrate as well...vibration will kill speed if I'm not mistaken.

Having the exhaust ported to God knows what gasket and then using a stock tiny entry exhaust can't be all that good either.

Not knowing if your carb is tuned properly or not is another question.

Just run it and be safe for now...20 plus mph is already moving along on a bicycle to begin with.

What speed u recommend me not going over while breaking in with a 36t sprocket? Thanks for everything

Sorry what i meant to say the bike doesnt really vibrate at top speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back