Engine Trouble Bike wont go faster than 24mph with 36t sprocket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the engine says 2009, a old guy had it but never really rode it. He said he didnt ride it much. Thats when i came along and bought it. I thought it would be fine without a break in because it had loads of low end torque but low top speeds. Thats why im thinking of breaking it in more. Im going to start using 6.5 oz in a gallon. Is that fine Blue?

And also what speeds do you guys recommend not going over while breaking in with a 36t?

I've seen those old-style motors take over 100 miles to get to full power, and full power for them is a bit less than for newer motors.

Yes the engine says 2009, a old guy had it but never really rode it. He said he didnt ride it much. Thats when i came along and bought it. I thought it would be fine without a break in because it had loads of low end torque but low top speeds. Thats why im thinking of breaking it in more. Im going to start using 6.5 oz in a gallon. Is that fine Blue?
Unforntunatly there no such thing as breaking it in more it's been run in allready by now and hopefully the previuos owner did it right,And if it has 150 plus p.s.i. should be ok for awhile unless it's got blow by past the rings and not sealing well at higher rpm,You can see on the piston if that's occuring you wil see discolouration below the rings if so rebuild the top end,It's possible that the engine is seeing load internaly trying to turn a bad bearing or bent clutch shaft Ive seen that a few times.Using synthetic 2 stroke oil is fine, At break in not so much but I dont think it matters in your case you should be running at 32:1 .

Ooh shoot! I forgot to mention my engine also makes this weird noise while i ride or just sit and idle. When i give it throttle it makes this weired electric bike noise or even kinda sounds like a really light wine.
I wonder if thats blow by threw the rings?

Ooh shoot! I forgot to mention my engine also makes this weird noise while i ride or just sit and idle. When i give it throttle it makes this weired electric bike noise or even kinda sounds like a really light wine.
I wonder if thats blow by threw the rings?
It's not uncommen to hear the beveled gears on the clutch side through the cover especaily when the grease drys up or wear off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back