Bike wont idle and wont accelerate

Bsfelony99

Local time
2:17 PM
So I got a new kit(48cc 2 stroke) and a new bike and slapped it together over the past few days. On my first few test rides I noticed that it wouldnt idle and then the chain fell off the sprocket and the bike fell. Once I got it back up I had readjusted the gas tank, and tightened everything up in case anything was knocked loose but didnt ride it again because I had to be at work. Today I took it for another ride and the motor would start but it wouldnt accelerate. If I wasnt peddling fast enough the motor would shut off. When i pull the throttle I can hear it kind of revving the motor but theres no acceleration. This is my first build and so I'm not really sure where to start to figure out what's going wrong.

So I got a new kit(48cc 2 stroke) and a new bike and slapped it together over the past few days. On my first few test rides I noticed that it wouldnt idle and then the chain fell off the sprocket and the bike fell. Once I got it back up I had readjusted the gas tank, and tightened everything up in case anything was knocked loose but didnt ride it again because I had to be at work. Today I took it for another ride and the motor would start but it wouldnt accelerate. If I wasnt peddling fast enough the motor would shut off. When i pull the throttle I can hear it kind of revving the motor but theres no acceleration. This is my first build and so I'm not really sure where to start to figure out what's going wrong.
look at your throttle cable and say your carburetor you have to open up your throttle cable where you goes into if the spring is not stretched out you won't get no throwback

Sounds like you have an issue with the carburetor or fuel flow, or that your choke is down. The choke, which is the small lever on the side of the carburetor, should only be up when starting. Once running, the lever should be pushed down. If it’s not the choke, check to see if the cylinder in the carburetor is moving up and down when you twist the throttle. Next, check to see if you have good fuel flow. Is your petcock all the way open (lever facing down)? When you disconnect the fuel line from the carb and open the petcock, does gas flow well? Next, are you getting good spark? Sometimes the spark plug or CDI will die out on these kits. To test that, take out the sparks plug and spin the back wheel. If you get good, consistent sparks, that’s not the issue.

Back