Bike won’t start possible flood

It should at least sputter if you open the throttle most of the way while it's cranking. Try different choke settings.

If you get no sputter at all, then it's likely to be either poor fuel delivery or a bad CDI.

Ok I think it is flooding because when I take out the spark plug it is wet and I have fuel dripping out of the muffler

Ok I think it is flooding because when I take out the spark plug it is wet and I have fuel dripping out of the muffler

The choke is not on and using the stock carb on the second from the top notch
Check the float spring and the float.

Check your float bowl and the small brass thing with a rubber tip that looks like a rocketship is seating properly
and has not become lodged open, causing your carb to flood.

Not sure what it can be after that :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Check the float spring and the float.

Check your float bowl and the small brass thing with a rubber tip that looks like a rocketship is seating properly
and has not become lodged open, causing your carb to flood.

Not sure what it can be after that :unsure:
Ok I found out that I had some like fabric material in the where the float needle is at and now when I try to start the bike it will just give me some pops acouple of times it started a little more than a pop do you know what I should do next

Well I found out that I had a fabric material in the float needle housing and now it just goes “ putt puttt putt” but no starting do you know what I shall do next?

Well I found out that I had a fabric material in the float needle housing and now it just goes “ putt puttt putt” but no starting do you know what I shall do next?

Really check that bowl and the needle housing.
If you found something and it does not run still then look closer

Carbs are finicky. You should use 1/2 to 3/4 of a can of carb cleaner to clean this small carb no bull. On bigger carbs it's pretty much standard to use about 1 whole can of cleaner per carb. I used 4 cans on my goldwing when i put new carb kits and diaphragms in it. You need to clean every single hole, orface, transfer tubes, mating surface, sealing surface, and really every surface. Not trying to make it sound daunting, i believe you can do it. It just has to be surgically clean because such a small piece of anything is all it takes to partially clog a jet and cause you to run lean or keep your needle and seat valve from closing causing flooding. Just wear gloves, take your time and make sure everything is really really clean.

Back