Bike won’t start possible flood

Carbs are finicky. You should use 1/2 to 3/4 of a can of carb cleaner to clean this small carb no bull. On bigger carbs it's pretty much standard to use about 1 whole can of cleaner per carb. I used 4 cans on my goldwing when i put new carb kits and diaphragms in it. You need to clean every single hole, orface, transfer tubes, mating surface, sealing surface, and really every surface. Not trying to make it sound daunting, i believe you can do it. It just has to be surgically clean because such a small piece of anything is all it takes to partially clog a jet and cause you to run lean or keep your needle and seat valve from closing causing flooding. Just wear gloves, take your time and make sure everything is really really clean.
I cleaned it out a hole bunch of crud lined the bowl and I looked through the jet and it was a perfect circle and like I said earlier this is a brand new engine

Ok @ETHAN5438 that forked spring, you see that when you take the bowl off your carb.
Inside the carb you have the white float right?

On the carb side you have the spring.
Take the pin out of that and remove the spring and the plunger.

Blow through the holes and make sure they are clear.

Re-assemble and try to get it running.

Ok @ETHAN5438 that forked spring, you see that when you take the bowl off your carb.
Inside the carb you have the white float right?

On the carb side you have the spring.
Take the pin out of that and remove the spring and the plunger. It sounds like it want to turn over because it’ll pop and kinda push me forwards

Blow through the holes and make sure they are clear.

Re-assemble and try to get it running.
I don’t recall there being a spring is that the brass peice the connects to the white float and yes there are not clogs

Here are a couple links to read through: https://motoredbikes.com/threads/nt-carb-tuning-basics.24867/

https://www.bicycle-engines.com/nt-carburetor-rebuild-kit/ (that little silver spring/tang top left)
If that float tang is not set/bent properly, i believe you will continue to have this flooding situation.

Well if it keeps flooding, i would think there is something that is staying open for one reason or another.

I gave up on the stock NT carbs and went with the 16:16 carb, it was just easier to set up to me and seems to still be running well :)

Without being there and hearing or seeing what is goin on, it's hard to say.

Can you take a vid and post it here of you trying to start the bike?

you are good

Does anyone have any idea how my float tang was bent and didn't allow the needle to come up and close the fuel line?
Anyway i'm glad I opened the carb and fixed it after losing 2L of fuel on the road :mad:

*and oil

I've got another question, how can you raise the float sitting level ?

Back