Engine Trouble Bike Won't start, tried everything

ok im going to try to tell you everything i know. The white ground wire, i grounded to the engine bolt. The engines as three wires coming out of it, the white ground, a blue , and a black. I attatched the blue wire from the CDI to the blue wire from the engine. I attatched the black wire from the CDI to the black wire from the engine. The red and black wires from the kill switch go red to the two blues, and black to the two blacks.

I went around with a volt meter and checked the following. I tested to see if i was getting juice from the magnetto. looked like i was getting a sufficient amount. I did a continuity check on the kill switch, no beep untill i clicked the killswitch button. (good sign.) I tested to see if the coil was working by attatching the volt meter to the spark plug and the inside of the coil nipple thing. There i got a fair amount of amps and volts. I got a friend's motorcycle spark plug which we knew to be working and subbed that in for mine and we still didnt get any spark. WTF!?? I have no idea what is wrong

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !

vroooooooom! Vrrooooooommmm!

aside from the not-readin' part, you gotta give him credit for helping himself by giving detail. without that one "small detail" ;) ;) i might not've given him that link :LOL:

vroooooooom! Vrrooooooommmm!
good for you :cool:

OH boy..... I got the bug now

it runs great! i got up to 29mp/h in its break in period

it was bound to happen...i saw you logoff after i posted that link, & i knew you'd be running in no time.

i'm gonna leave this topic...not to pick on you, but to illustrate how important it is for new folks to read, read, READ the forums before posting a question.

Back