Bike worth motorizing?

Amwicr

Local time
5:01 PM
Well I've built the obligatory Cranbrook+Zeda 80, but I picked up this for ten bucks and it seems way better quality. Would it be up to light trail riding if I throw the Zeda on it? been searching the web but I cant find any info about it.

20220920_164743 (1).jpg

20220920_164807.jpg

20220920_164814.jpg

Does that bit look weak ^
20220920_164825 (1).jpg

kinda weird gold painted rims on a bike with cantilevers^^
20220920_164748 (1).jpg

A Garelli - that's quite a little gem you found there !
They were (are ?) a motorcycle- and moped manufacturer from Italy, didn't know they made bicycles, I'm assuming the frame is steel and I'm pretty sure that stem, bars, shifters etc. are not original to the bike, that was a road- or cyclocross bike with drop bars when it left the factory. Those tires look like 700s, so probably the latter.
Try to find the serial number - most likely locations bottom bracket or chainstays - and maybe you can find out when it was made.
Andrew Muzi at www.yellowjersey.org may be able to assist.
Personally, I would want to restore it, maybe even upgrade it with some Campagnolo components, but if you'd rather put a motor on it, that's up to you. It should be plenty solid enough.

A Garelli - that's quite a little gem you found there !
They were (are ?) a motorcycle- and moped manufacturer from Italy, didn't know they made bicycles, I'm assuming the frame is steel and I'm pretty sure that stem, bars, shifters etc. are not original to the bike, that was a road- or cyclocross bike with drop bars when it left the factory. Those tires look like 700s, so probably the latter.
Try to find the serial number - most likely locations bottom bracket or chainstays - and maybe you can find out when it was made.
Andrew Muzi at www.yellowjersey.org may be able to assist.
Personally, I would want to restore it, maybe even upgrade it with some Campagnolo components, but if you'd rather put a motor on it, that's up to you. It should be plenty solid enough.
$$$$$

I'd like to motorized it unless that would desecrate something super rare or of high value...on that note the guy I got it from was headed to the dump. it was a package deal along with a odd folding Montague.

$$$$$

I'd like to motorized it unless that would desecrate something super rare or of high value...on that note the guy I got it from was headed to the dump. it was a package deal along with a odd folding Montague.
Most valuable collectibles must be in original with very little if any damage. Chances are you'll be better off motorizing it. You can go to the Cabe forum; they may know more about it.

It's amazing what you can find in dumpsters, by the roadside, at yard sales, thrift shops, etc.
And most Murcans wouldn't know a classic bicycle if one fell on their head and bit them in the nose.
I cruise the streets on a mountainboard sometimes and people always ask me if it has a motor. When I reply in the negative, they lose interest.....
I've found most of a 70s Huffy 5-speed in a dumpster, an English-made Raleigh Sprite at a thrift store for something like $ 10, a 3-speed Hercules (also English) for about that much, a French Motobecane with pretzeled wheels left for dead on trash day......
My bugout bike used to be a 1990s Diamondback Topanga, abandoned sans wheels in a ditch along the freeway.

Well I've built the obligatory Cranbrook+Zeda 80, but I picked up this for ten bucks and it seems way better quality. Would it be up to light trail riding if I throw the Zeda on it? been searching the web but I cant find any info about it.

View attachment 180273
View attachment 180272

View attachment 180271
Does that bit look weak ^
View attachment 180270
kinda weird gold painted rims on a bike with cantilevers^^
View attachment 180269

Sure, throw a Zelda on it and ride the sh^t out of it on the trails, It'll be fun

It's amazing what you can find in dumpsters, by the roadside, at yard sales, thrift shops, etc.
And most Murcans wouldn't know a classic bicycle if one fell on their head and bit them in the nose.
I cruise the streets on a mountainboard sometimes and people always ask me if it has a motor. When I reply in the negative, they lose interest.....
I've found most of a 70s Huffy 5-speed in a dumpster, an English-made Raleigh Sprite at a thrift store for something like $ 10, a 3-speed Hercules (also English) for about that much, a French Motobecane with pretzeled wheels left for dead on trash day......
My bugout bike used to be a 1990s Diamondback Topanga, abandoned sans wheels in a ditch along the freeway.
I got 2 old ross bikes, matching men's and woman's in amazing condition for $15. a free panasonic dx3000, specialized hardrock, a very wierd dutch thing, a diamondback, now these for 20...all in the past year and a half that I've gotten into bikes.

Back