Bike worth motorizing?

Not every frame sold at big box stores is going to be junky either. I have had great luck with many Kent bikes. My Nazz frame is actually quite good.

The let down was the wheels and brake calipers. The rims were good but the spokes were very thin. The calipers were the cheapest of the cheap single pull. Other issues were more to do with who assembled it - no grease in any of the bearings and the wheel bearings were too tight out back and loose up front.

I picked the Nazz despite it having a terrible seat, road bars, and a steering stem mounted shifter setup because the frame itself was fairly solid for the price point. The rest was cheap and easy upgrades as I went.

Not every frame sold at big box stores is going to be junky either. I have had great luck with many Kent bikes. My Nazz frame is actually quite good.

The let down was the wheels and brake calipers. The rims were good but the spokes were very thin. The calipers were the cheapest of the cheap single pull. Other issues were more to do with who assembled it - no grease in any of the bearings and the wheel bearings were too tight out back and loose up front.

I picked the Nazz despite it having a terrible seat, road bars, and a steering stem mounted shifter setup because the frame itself was fairly solid for the price point. The rest was cheap and easy upgrades as I went.
Yeah that's why I'm regretting the cranbrook. Steel frame, everything else not so hot

Yeah that's why I'm regretting the cranbrook. Steel frame, everything else not so hot
I regretted my Cranbrook as well when the frame snapped on me...Even though it was steel, where it snapped on the tubing, it was ridiculously thin tubing.

The Hyper cruiser is a happier story as its tubing is much heftier and larger and even heavier than the Cranbrook, not including the extra weight I have added to it when I built it, such as motor, heavier mag wheels than the spoked ones, heavier disk braking system, as well as the all important tool kit etc....lol.

It is even more comfortable to ride as the seat sits back further than the Cranbrook as you can see in the pics I posted, because the seat tube has an extra rear "bend" to it rather than a straight tube, sitting the seat mount further back than how the Cranbrook is configured...Even the handle bars seem more ergonomic than the Cranny's, at least for me...I also replaced the seat to a 13 inch wide, memory foam, dual spring, dual rubber ball suspension to it.

I basically only used the frame, the front fork, (Which is huge and more ruggedly built than the Cranny fork), and those wonderful handlebars that have to be the most comfortable riding bars once you adjust them for your style of riding....Everything else was customised by me as to how I wanted to build it.

So if I did go with a cruiser, what suspensions are good? It's basically springers and cheap shocks available

I have an older hardrock sport without suspension. motor might be a squeeze though

So should I go with that even though there's no suspension? will it get messed up with no sus? It's gotta be better than the huffy, i know it's solid.

Here's my current ride

20220923_162349 (1).jpg

Attachments

• 20220923_155901 (2).jpg
    20220923_155901 (2).jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 73
Back