USA BikeBerry.com Reviews ✨

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
1:16 AM
motorized-bicycle-california-bike-berry.jpg

Bike Berry has the largest Selection of Bicycle Engine Kits! DVD installation guide. Best Price Guaranteed. Bike Berry is a motorized bicycle dealer in California.

Brea
California
USA

Phone: (714) 242-4540
Username: BikeBerry.com
Products: Motorized bicycles, engines kits & parts.

Last edited:
hello bikeberry.com is one of the best support people. they answer all your questions way before you even buy from them. i bought a micargi chopper from them and engine kit. my bike's a chopper about which some other said is not good to be bought but bike berry helped me out and assured everything from the bike is absolutely fine. they helped me put this massive chopper together thru emails that are over the count. its been quiet a while since i bought from them and they still help me with everything they can. fast n very reliable. i am glad i picked them. always will.

I am happy with my purchase. I am a first time mo. bicycle builder. I bought the 48cc Grubee Skyhawk black painted engine and kit for about $150 shipped.

I clicked on an ad at this or another mo. bic. site.

I got everything promised, with lots of spare bolts, gaskets, spark plug, etc, and a long enough chain. There were photocopied instructions in English, surprisingly legible, though it did have some funny malapropisms, such as Tickle Button for primer bulb/button, and a description of the engine as a Roundhead Wingding. hahhaha.

I didn't like the chain. It is a 415 style, wide with loose rollers floating on the pins. Maybe this is part of the design, but to me it looks like poor manufacturing.

The muffler didn't fit due to bic. frame construction. This is fair, since its a therefore a "custom" build. I damaged the muffler and didn't expect a replacement without paying. They only offer the same black or silver "poo poo" pipe. They do not offer any with more flexible pipe or different configurations.

The clutch lever was deformed and poorly assembled. I had to file out the arm's locating ring and press fit it onto the clutch activation rod. (the thing that pushes on the shaft inside the drive gear). I made it work, so I didn't ask for or order another, but I was miffed at the quality control from the motor factory, not bikeberry, since I didn't give them a chance to offer a replacement, but fixed it myself.

I mounted an alternate muffler and test rode the bike today. I am pleased. The price seems fair. The product seems good. The email/chat service person was polite.

I gave them a 4 because of the lack of alternate mufflers. Otherwise I'm fine with them. I feel they did not rip me off, because they might not have known the clutch arm part was bad.

Excuse me. The clutch hand lever was fine, the clutch arm/lever on the gearcase area was deformed/poorly made. It resembled the mating surfaces of a windshield washer arm and post off a common car (little splines), but they did not readily fit.

bought a black 80cc skyhawk from bikeberry... $149 shipped. It came in a timely manner so I bought another in silver just in case they ban them next year.

I gave them a 5

I called them, they said they had a recoil starter for a HuaSheng 4 cycle engine. I mailed them a M.O. for 29.99, which included 10.00 freight...What I received is a recoil starter for a 2 cycle HT engine....I called and the person who answered seemed to know nothing. He did state that they would accept a return if I return it, freight paid of course, and they would deduct a 50% restocking fee....So I might as well throw this part from them in the garbage....Screwed again.

Ordered a new gas tank from Bikeberry and got it quickly and for a good price.

Well done!
Mike Frye -the bike guy

Ive ordered three engine kits from them, and whenever Im asked about where to buy an engine I always pass along there website.

The first two kits arrived to my home quickly as expected with no damage to them.

The third arrived quick also but it was the wrong engine size, I sent them an e-mail about the problem and they actually called me and said i could return it for an exchange. But since I was excited to get my build going I installed the kit, it was a 48cc engine instead of an 80 cc I had ordered.

I gave them a 4 only because they did not read the details of my order properly, but there phone call made my day and I would most certainly order from them again.

Ordered my kit from Bikeberry.com, 66cc/80cc.

I paid with google checkout. There are some bugs to work out there. My account was deducted by google but the order was never placed with bikeberry. I had a hard time getting through to bikeberry customer service. I left several messages and the called back a week later. I could have sworn that the guy that called me was the same guy that did the instructional video. Maybe this is a one man show with the support of an online marketing firm? Well anyway. The guy was nice and apologized. He put my order through right away and gave me free rush shipping to make sure I got ASAP.

I cant compare them with any other vendor since this was my first time. So I gave them a vote of "average".

I would use them again. The google checkout thing is no big deal. I would just use another method. And as far a waiting to hear from them, If it is a one man show then more props to him. He could have had a death in the family or something. you never know.

Back