USA BikeBerry.com Reviews ✨

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
8:49 PM
motorized-bicycle-california-bike-berry.jpg

Bike Berry has the largest Selection of Bicycle Engine Kits! DVD installation guide. Best Price Guaranteed. Bike Berry is a motorized bicycle dealer in California.

Brea
California
USA

Phone: (714) 242-4540
Username: BikeBerry.com
Products: Motorized bicycles, engines kits & parts.

Last edited:
The heads of the spokes under the drive chain sprocket keep breaking off. Has anyone had this issue / know what causes this?

Slop on the rag joint or hub adapter or ya just got cheap thin gauge spokes

Should use a wheel with 12 gauge spokes and make sure the hub adapter or rag joint has no slop.

Recently shopping for an eBike (Qualisports Dolphin) which was hard to find but Bikeberry site said "in stock" so I went for it, reasonably expecting shipment within a week or so. WEEK 1: no word so I called & was told it would be shipped "within this week"... WEEK 2: same story... WEEK 3: same. WEEK 4: FINALLY shipped (28 days after my order) & might arrive during week 5... or 6?

I could have got the same service from another seller (who was up front about delayed shipment), or even driven to a retailer who had one on the floor & brought it home the same day.

Along the way I was told everything from "hasn't arrived from the manufacturer", "the shipping container is backed up at the port of Los Angeles", "shipping is slow due to COVID" and "we don't have it yet, our warehouse is looking for it", none of which meet my understanding of the term "in stock". Scammy, to say the least, it's like one step shy of bait and switch.

Customer service was always polite but lots of "on hold" time... I spent over 45 minutes on the phone 2 different times, and once 56 minutes to get essentially nowhere with my order. About my third phone call I was offered a 5% discount for my "frustration" but $65 doesn't really cover it.

One star review for finally sending me a bike (so far I only have tracking number, but at least that's something), minus 4 stars for having to change my travel plans for which I wanted to have the bike. Ridiculous.

My second attempt to purchase from Bikeberry.com ....

The first attempt was something very small and it arrived fine.

Today I get a FLASH SALE email for their rear rim. I need one. Normally $69.95, they are offering it for $39.95. A good deal. I clicked... and the page came up... with a price of $69.95.

Bottom line: 25 minutes later via CHAT and having to send screenshots to 'prove' I have said email and I have a 43% off code to use.

>sigh<

I hope it arrives in somewhat decent shape.

My second attempt to purchase from Bikeberry.com ....

The first attempt was something very small and it arrived fine.

Today I get a FLASH SALE email for their rear rim. I need one. Normally $69.95, they are offering it for $39.95. A good deal. I clicked... and the page came up... with a price of $69.95.

Bottom line: 25 minutes later via CHAT and having to send screenshots to 'prove' I have said email and I have a 43% off code to use.

>sigh<

I hope it arrives in somewhat decent shape.
It is called "monitoring (Cookies) your website visit" where you looked at it before. Then they send you an email of it on sale and hope you just pay regular price... good luck on the shipping. As I showed in the attachment previously, they don't know how to or refuse to spend the proper money on the right boxing of a wheel. this is how they shipped a bike to me.

Attachments

• file.jpeg
    file.jpeg
    707.6 KB · Views: 126
Nope. Hard-Refresh and it was still $69.95. It took a phone call for them to "fix" it.

:)

I actually ended up deciding against the purchase. $34.99 shipping for a $39.99 rim comes to more than what I would pay for the exact same rim on Amazon with free shipping. I also was going to just buy one rim... I was hoping the shipping would have been a little better with just one.

Got my latest order from Bikeberry...

Front rim that supports discs... 2 tires... a CNC mount... and a brake caliper mount. It arrived in a single large box. Packing was minimal but thanks to the fact that I had two tires in there ... all seemed to make it intact.

That said, I would like to kick whoever tightened the hub down so damn hard it BARELY spun in my hand... my god man... easily 3/4 to full turn too tight...

That said, I would like to kick whoever tightened the hub down so damn hard it BARELY spun in my hand... my god man... easily 3/4 to full turn too tight...
That would probably be the 12 year old kid in that factory in China thats making these rims that you want to kick as he was trying to show off his strength...lol...lol.

Man , I've ordered from them twice. Both time had massive problems impossibly long ship times, back orders, missing items, damaged items. I was promised replacements for the missing items - they never came. I instead got a 15 dollar gift card to use on my next purchase.....
As if.
What I will say is that someone gave me a stage 2 cdi from bike berry just the other day I just put it on the beast and I did notice an improvement

...and avoid BikeBerry's CNC mount. It's designed for 6mm hardware and there isn't enough meat on the mounting plate to drill it out to accommodate 8mm hardware...

Back