Bikeberry Idler/Tensioner Installation

Hmm, I tried it and it seems to work but the chain tension is very high. I would say there is only about 1/2 - 1 inch of play in the chain. I guess that is oke but maybe I am doing something wrong. I have it hooked on the pad brake atm.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    86.4 KB · Views: 329
Your spring looks tight. My one has next to no pressure on it till the chain hit its tight spot then the pully goes down back up and sits in the middle of the slot and because there is no bolt in the top mount hole the pully goes down more no bolt head to hit I got a big washer behind the pully and one on the other side. You might just need to play with it

My one has next to no pressure on it till the chain hit its tight spot then the pully goes down back up
With a properly installed rear sprocket, there are no 'tight spots' and no need shell out cash for a spring tensioner to band-aide 'fix' a poor sprocket install.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to install this idler/tensioner? The first time I installed it, the clutch wouldn't engage. Don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.
Your clutch arm assembly has a inherent defect your chain is binding on the cover you need either a fat gasket or a grinder or file remove 3/16" to up to 3/4" long look at it to see if its binding on the case and chain no need to go to flower petal won't help.

I will say this yet AGAIN...

If your back sprocket is mounted strait and true
YOU DON'T NEED A SPRING TENSIONER!

Over 100 builds I've never needed to use a spring tensioner'n on a build.
Get your sprocket true guys, that all it takes.

Back