Bikeberry Idler/Tensioner Installation

Randall

Local time
4:03 AM
Does anyone know how to install this idler/tensioner? The first time I installed it, the clutch wouldn't engage. Don't know what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20160605_085553855.jpg
    IMG_20160605_085553855.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 710
I'm pretty sure the one you have mounts on the inside of the drive sprocket cover where you clutch lever is. The one I use is the one I pictured below. This one mounts over the plate and works incredibly well.

chain tensioner.jpg

Heres a picture of how yours is installed. hope this helps. its all i could find.

PirateCycles_ChainTensioner-2.jpg

Heres a picture of how yours is installed. hope this helps. its all i could find.

View attachment 72468

Thanks .... yeah I was able to install it correctly from a bikeberry call. I had to loosen the flower nut on the clutch to release some of the tension. Works great now. Had to get a little stiffer spring as the one that came with it was a bit weak.

Cheers!

I just used the stock one and a spring for $2 so much better the a non movein one

Attachments

• DSC_0217.JPG
    DSC_0217.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 377
I just used the stock one and a spring for $2 so much better the a non movein one

Yeah, I like the way you are doing this too, skyash. I got the spring but don't have a welder so will be doing an alternative with clamps. Of course better with welding but... Going to work on it tomorrow; will post pics of doing it without welding. Good work.

Thanks yeah I was going to use a hose clamp from spring to frame. If the spring was pushing not pulling I would have had it from the bottom bolt on the tensioner mount pushing the pully bolt up. I slotted the slot longer to it moves so much I can have a 44t to 36 t with out touching enything. I would like both sprockets on at the same time with a derailer so 2 speed. I just got to try it some time

Back