Bikeberry mags…

bunnyman666

Local time
10:01 AM
Okay- I am now learning that there is a lot left to be desired on these LOL. For one thing, not all the casting flash has been cleaned. Secondly, the bolts on the front wheel brake disc surprisingly had “Smurf blood”, but they were WAAAAAYYY too easy to remove. The rear disc and sprocket had regular box top, not dome top screws. The sprocket has the holes drilled close to the edge of the centre hole or poking through. The rear axle was also likely installed backwards, as the way it was set up, the disc brake bolts would have spun on the rear dropout. I may be building this as a shift bike for safety’s sake, as the wheels can’t run like they are set up at this point.

Let’s not even get started on the quality of the rotors. Hope rotors will supplant these stamped rotors. I may even go hydraulic on the brakes. We’ll see…

I did mock them up with Hookworms installed and they look sweet; they will improve GREATLY once I clean the flash from the spokes and give them paint. I was going to powder them, but I am already spending more on this than I wanted.

I need to compare bolt patterns, though these seem to be in the industry standard. I kinda knew that this deal was likely too good to be true. But I can always throw the calipers onto a quick’n’dirty build. There is always some use for stuff in the bunnyman parts bin. No sense in wasting parts.

Mock up of wheels with Hookworms:

Attachments

• D886F032-7373-4C7A-8A37-C8521BA077AA.jpeg
    D886F032-7373-4C7A-8A37-C8521BA077AA.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
Let’s not even get started on the quality of the rotors.
For this, as well as other reasons, i ordered these mags instead of the 10 spoke wheels you ordered...DAMIEN

Im quite happy with them as well as their fit and finish...Also the three spoke design is beefy-er in how it holds the rim then the thinner 10 spoke contact points.

Very sturdy design and been riding on them since February 2021, now with over three or four hundred miles on them now, (EDIT-UPDATE-July 18th 2022...Now have 1300 miles on them), using Kevlar tires and double thick, self sealing tubes.

Attachments

• Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 204
For this, as well as other reasons, i ordered these mags instead of the 10 spoke wheels you ordered...DAMIEN

Im quite happy with them as well as their fit and finish...Also the three spoke design is beefy-er in how it holds the rim the the thinner 10 spoke contact points.

Very sturdy design and been riding on them since February now with over three or four hundred miles on them now, using Kevlar tires and double this, self sealing tubes.
Lesson learnt. Hopefully these don’t need replacement anytime soon, but the Tri-spoke will be next if the ten spoke are damaged. Did you use the stock rotors? Was the sprocket trash?

Did you use the stock rotors? Was the sprocket trash?
I bought the "Rujoi" calipers already knowing the calipers they supply, "Bolids" are garbage...I think their brand name should have been "Bollocks" instead...lol...The disks work fine...36 tooth sprocket is A-OK.

I also ordered the "Rujoi" semi-metalic disk pads as well knowing they were far superior...Got them from Amazon.

I did not order anything for weeks until i thoroughly checked out everything first...I like doing things right the first time, so i take my time as well as disliking how some tend to spend huge amounts of money for very little quality or return on investment made, but hey, thats just me, and my bike never lets me down...I always take take those allen head bolts out by the way, and blue locktite them again, MY WAY...lol...DAMIEN

I bought the "Rujoi" calipers already knowing the calipers they supply, "Bolids" are garbage...The disks work fine.

I also ordered the "Rujoi" semi-metalic disk pads as well knowing they were far superior...Got them from Amazon.

I did not order anything for weeks until i thoroughly checked out everything first...I like doing things right the first time, so i take my time as well as disliking how some tend to spend huge amounts of money for very little quality or return on investment made, but hey, thats just me, and my bike never lets me down...I always take take those allen head bolts out by the way, and blue locktite them again, MY WAY...lol...DAMIEN
I did not like how those bolts just came right out. I noticed that the ol’ Berry kinda has some hidden navigations and pages. I didn’t know about the tri-spokes. Live and learn. These feel sturdy enough. 🙏🏽 Hopefully I can find gold-rubbed bronze look in a rattle bomb. I tend to take apart wheel hubs and rebuild them anyway as they never roll smoothly out of the factory unless they are high end Campagno or Shimano, but for the not-so-mechanically inclined, that rear wheel could have caused a major headache!

I did not like how those bolts just came right out.
Mine were only just barely snugged up as well, thats why i take them all out and blue locktite them again and torque pattern them back on MY WAY...lol...The right way the first time...They have NOT loosened up at all on me.

Just be sure to look for ANY stress cracking at all where the spokes meet the rims periodically, that is their weak point on the 10 spoke rims.

I should mention that i have not as of yet put on the sem-metallics just yet as the original "organic" pads That came with the "Rujoi" calipers are still working out just fine...DAMIEN

Filed off the flash from the casting. It bothered me enough and I don’t fancy cutting my fingers whilst changing tyres. Now I will remove the tyres, sand the wheels and spray them with GrimmSpeed gold, which will give that 80s MotoGP look. A little urethane clear and we’re good.

Now I will remove the tyres, sand the wheels
You spelled that "tyres", not tires as Americans do...lol...Are you originally from here or a transplant...lol...at least i think your here in the US...lol...Also make sure to use a "tyre" liner...lol...if you dont have any around, just use an old "tyre" tube, cut down to the appropriate width...that is an extra line of tube and tire protection for you...DAMIEN

You spelled that "tyres", not tires as Americans do...lol...Are you originally from here or a transplant...lol...at least i think your here in the US...lol...Also make sure to use a "tyre" liner...lol...if you dont have any around, just use an old "tyre" tube, cut down to the appropriate width...that is an extra line of tube and tire protection for you...DAMIEN
English expat in the USA, though I am very Americanised!

Back