BikeBerry?

NJMevec

Local time
8:26 PM
For the cost of the GEBE systems I can get an electric bike...so for my needs (a college kid needing a bike to commute to work and college [a max 4 mile ride]) a little cheap 2 or 4 stroke will work great. Winters can get pretty bad but I'll practice good road safety. A 2 stroke 48cc engine (legal limit here) with everything needed is about $170. That's $500 LESS than GEBE kits...are they that much worse? Any opinion will help. I also am confused as to mounting. Looking at a mountain bike as the start but all I've ever seen really done are cruisers and choppers.

I've read too many posts to know with electric cheap is not the way to go, they don't last. Range sucks and SLA batts for bicycles suck, quality doesn't exist. If you have a lot of snow friction wouldn't work out so well. There's axle mount kits, have you considered one of those? Try Staton.com to give you some ideas. 49cc frame mount kit is also affordable but to get it just right your talking GEBE pricing with a quality tranny like a Qmatic or similar. Lots of choices brother, just need to decide........cheap won't get it unless you improve upon the cheap parts you get, = more $$. Good luck!

cheap electric bikes are terrible.
Any 26" mountain bike that doesn't have a rear shock absorber will work with these engines.
But you have to upgrade them a bit to make them reliable which brings the price up.

Well I'm thinking of gas now just due to what I thought was the cheaper up front. Is there such a thing as a cheap quality gas setup? If not I may as well buy a nice electric like a Prodeco Outlaw or an EVELO Aries.

Well I'm thinking of gas now just due to what I thought was the cheaper up front. Is there such a thing as a cheap quality gas setup? If not I may as well buy a nice electric like a Prodeco Outlaw or an EVELO Aries.

rose326a on ebay has fairly nice engines for pretty cheap. Last I checked a whole kit from rose was $120 if I remember right

here's where you start to lie like a rug - "it's 49cc & only goes 18mph" - let them try to figure out how to measure anything different from that

Back