bikemotorparts.com ???

jimeme

Local time
7:19 AM
I have e mailed this site twice and not received an answer back. Has anyone else had this problem ?
Thanks,
Jim

Yes I have same problem no answer at all. I wonder if they are still in business.
Does anybode use thier drive roll any good , hardened?
What is the purpose of thier one way bearing?

hey guys; i got that site in my e-mail 7/9/08. it seemed odd that they would sell a kit and give scehematics (precise) of how to make an exact copy. anyway its in my favs. deal with it. mitch

Yes I have same problem no answer at all. I wonder if they are still in business.
Does anybode use thier drive roll any good , hardened?
What is the purpose of thier one way bearing?

If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't the one way bearing allow the drive roller to freewheel? Meaning that you could pedal faster than what the engine was going WITHOUT turning the engine over (without disengaging the roller from the wheel). For example, if you were going down a real steep hill where your speed would over-rev the engine, the one way bearing would allow the roller to spin FASTER than what the engine was spinning, without forcing the engine to keep up with it. I could be wrong...but that's what it sounds like. And it sounds like a good idea if that's what it is.

Warner

I got the email from them (finaly), they still selling all these goodies.
Warner
Thank you for explainig one way bearing application. That make sense . There may be situation where this one way bearig will do the job.

I looked at where they mount the support brackets...to the two mount holes for the fenders. Great, I don't have to hunt around for 10mm axles and cones and locknuts!
Now I hope they're still in business.

Mark2yahu

With the drive roller being a one way or not I still don't understand how it get's driven by the engine. When you see his utube videos the drive pin goes through the drive roller and threads into the drum. The engine will turn the drive pin but I can not see how that drive pin turns the roller when you have two machined surfaces facing each other. I know on the Staton product the drive roller is one peice that threads into the drum. The drum turns,the roller turns.
Also, mark2yahu do you have it on the bike yet, what do you think of it and where are you at in Ca.?
Thanks,
Jim

With the drive roller being a one way or not I still don't understand how it get's driven by the engine. When you see his utube videos the drive pin goes through the drive roller and threads into the drum. The engine will turn the drive pin but I can not see how that drive pin turns the roller when you have two machined surfaces facing each other. I know on the Staton product the drive roller is one peice that threads into the drum. The drum turns,the roller turns.
Also, mark2yahu do you have it on the bike yet, what do you think of it and where are you at in Ca.?
Thanks,
Jim

Jim, I've emailed them and haven't got a response yet. There is no way to order their kit on their website. Also it's an engineless kit. That's good i already have the engine.

:) The seller replied and told me it's an engineless kit. I went back to the website, looked under "parts," and saw individual parts for sale. On top is the pre-assembled, complete kit, less the engine. I ordered one; planning on putting it on my Specialized stump jumper (the yellow one) and if things go okay, the 40cc Mitsubishi/Snapper
2-stroke is powering it. Both the engine & bike is showing in my MBc picture gallery.

Back